+1 with Egg n Bacon
+1 Addition to a curry Base sauce
As little Clone Roasties

Dont's:
Microwave
Fry
Grill
Boil in the can
(The little bastards explode and end up everywhere like Novichok)

oh and Don't attempt to eat cold/leftovers (unless item 1 in Dos)

http://www.bilcodirect.co.uk/image/cache/data/happy new pots-500x500.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r-DlxXy7loU/maxresdefault.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Awesome in cheap slutty stew as well with Bacon Grill....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Tinned potatoes? Bleurgh, disgusting waxy sugary crap. My old mum loves tinned veg: peas, butter beans, marrow fat peas, carrots etc. :s Why anyone would eat this stuff by choice is beyond me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Tinned veg = good to have in the back of the cupboard for when fresh or frozen stocks run out and you can't replace them in a hurry. Otherwise I wouldn't make a habit of using them.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    When I was younger I worked summer jobs in a local canning factory.

The smell during the pea season... I can still taste it now, 30 years on - that mixture of freshly processed peas and bleach.  Enough to make me retch even now.

Every now and then you'd get a "blower" - peas that had somehow fermented and rotted in the can, causing the can to massively swell.  Then it would get stuck in the overhead rails that transported the cans around the factory.  And one of the students (muggins) would be sent with a pointy stick to un-jam it (usually bursting the can and showering said student with rotten peas).  

Ah, great times.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    I have taken tinned spuds camping in the past. Saves preparation time and facilities. Otherwise I can't think why they are popular outside of student bed sits and OAP kitchens where the infirm can't hold a knife in thier arthritic hands.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    /\ but they can open the cans though??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Tinnned potatoes are actually edible though. 

I really like tinned peas, apart from the luminous colour. 

Tinned carrots can fuck off though. They are the devil's own work. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1747
    World has gone mad. Horrible, bluergh...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol @MrBump - I spent a month delivering for a Pizza Hut restaurant and when it was quiet, they'd make drivers prepare potato salad. Huuuuge cans of peeled spuds, emptied into an even bigger bucket and hand mixed with mayo. The smell of spuds in salt water has the same effect on me. :)
  • westwest Frets: 994
    "What happens to a bloke, that he ends up alone and unable to summon up the will to peel some potatoes and put a pan of water on to boil? Do me a favour, If I ever end up living alone and in my cupboard you find tinned potatoes just give me the old high velocity .22 pellet in the cranial gap just below my ear."

Tommy saxondale ....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Haven't been able to face potatoes since I saw The Martian... (I'm only half kidding)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    They look like goat testicles.
    Not that I'd know...
    MrBump said:
    When I was younger I worked summer jobs in a local canning factory.

The smell during the pea season... I can still taste it now, 30 years on - that mixture of freshly processed peas and bleach.  Enough to make me retch even now.

Every now and then you'd get a "blower" - peas that had somehow fermented and rotted in the can, causing the can to massively swell.  Then it would get stuck in the overhead rails that transported the cans around the factory.  And one of the students (muggins) would be sent with a pointy stick to un-jam it (usually bursting the can and showering said student with rotten peas).  

Ah, great times.
    When I was a kid I remember my mum opening a can of Bachelors peas and finding a huge caterpillar inside, dyed bright green, same colour as the peas. She wrote in and complained and a massive box of tinned food turned up a few days later. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Can’t remember ever eating tinned potatoes. A few years ago someone I worked with won a Xmas hamper and gave me the things she didn’t want. This included a tin of Brussel sprouts. Oh Jeepers, they were bad ( and I like Brussel sprouts). 
    I like tinned marrowfat peas though, yum. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Can’t remember ever eating tinned potatoes. A few years ago someone I worked with won a Xmas hamper and gave me the things she didn’t want. This included a tin of Brussel sprouts. Oh Jeepers, they were bad ( and I like Brussel sprouts). 
    I like tinned marrowfat peas though, yum. 
    I didn’t even realise tinned sprouts were a thing.  :s
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I love those French tinned small carrots and peas. Bonduelle, and others do them. They also come in jars. Tinned potatoes are OK at a push, but they do smell a bit funny.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

Where's @RandallFlagg, somebody's mentioning stew...!

I agree with the OP, except I haven't tried all the Dos.  And I do like them cold straight out of the tin.

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    Do they count as one of your five a day?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited March 2018
    Philly_Q said:

I agree with the OP, except I haven't tried all the Dos.  And I do like them cold straight out of the tin.

Here I am sweet cheeks. Tinned potatoes are ghastly, the very thought of them in a stew gives me the squits.

the only things tha should come in tins is pints cans of Stella, pints of Guinness, baked beans and mushy peas.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Philly_Q said:

Here I am sweet cheeks. Tinned potatoes are ghastly, the very thought of them in a stew gives me the squits.

the only things tha should come in tins is pints cans of Stella, pints of Guinness, baked beans and mushy peas.
    And meatballs.