Katie Boyle RIP

What's Hot
NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
Those of us of a certain age will remember her well:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12525627

Surprised to read she only presented Song for Europe 4 times, I thought she was involved in more shows.

She was an animal lover, and in later life she was involved with Battersea Dogs' Home.

RIP "the face of Camay".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6098
    I remember her on those old soap ads and the Eurovision shows too.
    She always came across as posh, but game for a laugh.
    RIP Katie.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I only remember her from Eurovision, I’m surprised it was only 4 times, and when I’ve seen clips of What’s My Line. Good innings though, RIP. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited March 2018
    I remember her tips in TV Times - "stuffing old pairs of tights with ping pong balls is an ideal solution to releasing political prisoners in Peru". Or maybe that was Alexei Sayle?  

Speaking of agony aunts, I found out yesterday that the fat bloke off Masterchef (Jay Rayner) is the son of Claire Rayner. It's obvious, when you know.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Remember her well. Always had a bit of a thing for posh birds. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5844
    Blimey, 91! She had a good long life and I had a proper "who knew" moment when I read about her background. I was born in early 70's, so I only ever recognised her name as the Agony Aunt. Never knew how much more she'd done.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Blimey, 91! She had a good long life and I had a proper "who knew" moment when I read about her background. I was born in early 70's, so I only ever recognised her name as the Agony Aunt. Never knew how much more she'd done.
    I was much more aware of her - my dad (who was 50 when I was born - I’m now 54) - was a massive fan! :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347

Speaking of agony aunts, I found out yesterday that the fat bloke off Masterchef (Jay Rayner) is the son of Claire Rayner. It's obvious, when you know.
    I’d never connected the two either, but like you say, obvious when you think about it. 

I remember Katy Boyle from travel programs more than anything else, think she did them with Cliff Mitchelmore? RIP. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom