Shoplifting at Andertons

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    edited March 2018
    DLM said:
    Maybe they were outside together having a fag?
    That might explain the lumpy contents of Capt. Lee's trouser back pockets.

Fretwired said:

skunkwerx said:
    His face looks like a thief. 
    His face reminds me of a guy who does YouTube bass guitar tuition and reviews, using the nickname Stick.

UPDATE: Paul "Stick" Annis.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    DLM said:
    Maybe they were outside together having a fag?
    That might explain the lumpy contents of Capt. Lee's trouser back pockets.

Fretwired said:

skunkwerx said:
    His face looks like a thief. 
    His face reminds me of a guy who does YouTube bass guitar tuition and reviews, using the nickname Stick.
    Imagine if he did Chapman stick lessons........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Oh snap, yeah I forgot that peach incident. 

Man its whack that people can do this and get away with it :/ 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    edited March 2018
    Duplicate. Please delete.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If you ask me, the tea leaf looks a bit like @vasselmeyer ;

Hmmmm.....  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801

Hmmmm.....  ;)
    Coming to something when you have to nick your own 50th birthday present....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579

Hmmmm.....  ;)
    Coming to something when you have to nick your own 50th birthday present....
    It’s cos nobody wished him happy birthday on here :D
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    LIBEL! I've already got a little Roland amp and you'd NEVER see me wearing a baseball cap.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    Call me cynical, but I think this is a publicity stunt of some sort.

Lee, the owner of Andertons, just happened to have a coat on (or took the time to put his coat on) before he went outside to catch a "thief" and Chappers just happened to be there to shoot a video?   
    Me too - so I did some research and the 'arrest' took place outside 59 George Rd which although is in the Shop locale is hardly up the road from a 'chase out the shop' and on a road not obviously leading to a lightening getaway! Pic attached:

FAKE NEWS!

http://i65.tinypic.com/30cbpkg.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Lee, the owner of Andertons, just happened to have a coat on (or took the time to put his coat on) before he went outside to catch a "thief" and Chappers just happened to be there to shoot a video?   
    Me too - so I did some research and the 'arrest' took place outside 59 George Rd which although is in the Shop locale is hardly up the road from a 'chase out the shop' and on a road not obviously leading to a lightening getaway! Pic attached:

FAKE NEWS!

Damn, good find.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168

FAKE NEWS!

To be fair that's probably where he had to park his car to get close to Andertons. 
    I like the store but they don't tell you they have five spaces outside and it's best to turn up first thing  =)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    underdog said:
    Is it so hard to believe Rob simply filmed it on his mobile so they had a face for the police and on the off chance the thief got violent?
    This.

How about every refrains from being dickish about this? Just a suggestion (for now...).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    < cynical thought >

Might be a staged event to reassure people who left in good instruments for commission sales  

< /cynical thought >
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    57Deluxe said:

FAKE NEWS!

How is it fake? So the bloke was followed down a few streets. I dont get it.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Every other company seems to of had sympathy regarding thefts.

Andertons seem to be being treated differently.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    edited March 2018
    DanR said:
    Every other company seems to of had sympathy regarding thefts.

Andertons seem to be being treated differently.
    You're surprised, given the way some elements of this community react to anything about Andertons?
    Exactly. Time to react, plus getting the boss to deal with it (employees are always under strict instructions not to put themselves in harm's way, pretty much anywhere) = enough time for the guy to get a couple of hundred yards away, then you've got to get someone with a camera in case it goes bad and then catch up with him.

For anyone still insisting this is faked...how easy do you think it'd be to get somebody to voluntarily be photographed in a staged robbery, bearing in mind that their face will be in front of a couple of hundred thousand people?

Even if you think that's possible, do you really believe that Lee Anderton - a guy who's mastered the art of increasing his company's social media presence - would risk all of that for a staged photo just to say "Me too!" with the Peach thing going off, for an amp worth 1% of the cost of the PRS?

Honestly, common sense is seriously lacking in this place sometimes.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    jonnyburgo said:
    57Deluxe said:

FAKE NEWS!

Agree .. if it were fake it would have been outside the store and done differently. I assume Rob was using his phone. From the comments from him on FB, including calling someone a bellend, I'd say it's true.

As a stunt it would be in poor taste .. Lee's far too savvy a businessman and online marketeer to make that mistake.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    jonnyburgo said:
    Perhaps, there is a Gentlemen's public convenience nearby? Cherché la fumble. ;)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Seriously, some of you think this was staged?
    Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. :(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794

That's the road behind the store - wouldn't surprise me if they have a rear entrance for staff that they legged it out of. Might even have taken a few minutes to realise the bloke had walked out without paying, its not like Lee stands by the door all day!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom