Learnt my lesson yesterday

What's Hot
Had a little time to continue with a tele project yesterday and started to cut the body blank with a jigsaw. First cut with the jigsaw and got sawdust in my eye ouch. went to a&e and luckily no lasting damage but ive scratched the eye and its mighty irritating. I will invest in a decent set of goggles from now on!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Kudos for fessing up and giving a cautionary tale to others.

Safety should be first in any workshop.q
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Ouch! It does take hard-won lessons to make you learn some of these things.

My contribution to the thread: do not do any soldering while wearing shorts. Spots of hot flux will find their way to any bare skin. That smarts a bit, and then if it makes you jump, you will drop the soldering iron on to something that doesn't like it very much, adding insult to injury. Ask me how I know...
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    t1000 said:
    Had a little time to continue with a tele project yesterday and started to cut the body blank with a jigsaw. First cut with the jigsaw and got sawdust in my eye ouch. went to a&e and luckily no lasting damage but ive scratched the eye and its mighty irritating. I will invest in a decent set of goggles from now on!
    When you get over 50, you'll need to wear glasses to see anything with any detail, the bonus is that the glasses will also protect your eyes.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Never mind the eye, just make sure you don't cut into 'the line'.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."