SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Small Acoustic

What's Hot
Confession time - as I approach the grand old age of 36 I've come to acknowledge that I've never owned an acoustic guitar in my life!  :open_mouth: 

I'm thinking I might treat myself on my 36th birthday on a couple of weeks to my first ever acoustic. 

Went to a local shop last week to have a noodle about on a few different models and a few things became apparent about what I want...

1. Being a shortarse it needs to be firmly on the smaller side. I didn't feel comfortable playing any larger bodied ones, and given that I'm gonna be playing it sat on the couch mostly, I don't need a massive sound from it. 

2. I want a 14th fret neck joint, which rules out some of the really dinky little travel and parlor guitars

3. Electro-acoustic is a must, just to have the option of potentially playing live with it at some point

Budget? I was looking at the likes of the Fender CP-140, 
Epiphone EL-00 Pro, Sigma TM-15E+ if I was gonna buy new, so around the £300-350 mark. 

Thought I'd see whether anyone on here had something that fits that bill they'd be willing to part with for around that sort of money first, as I much prefer buying used than new generally speaking.

Anyone got anything to tempt me?  :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    You should be able to (as I did) pick up a Taylor GS Mini within your budget, but I doubt you could get an electro-acoustic for that money, however you can buy a Taylor ES-Go pickup for not much money if you hunt around. I managed to bag one for £40 from Preloved.

Great little guitar - with a very big sound.

Failing that have a look at the Yamaha APX Series, they are electro-acoustic with small/thin bodies. You can pick these up relatively cheaply and they’re not bad guitars - although acoustically their sound can be a bit lacking, especially the APX500, which is what I own. It’s a well built guitar, very easy to play and always stays in tune!
    We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    I’m selling a Korean Epi PR5E. It’s not a smaller guitar per se, but it is a thin body so feels very comfortable for the smaller frame. Looking for £175

• TonyR said:
    You should be able to (as I did) pick up a Taylor GS Mini within your budget, but I doubt you could get an electro-acoustic for that money, however you can buy a Taylor ES-Go pickup for not much money if you hunt around. I managed to bag one for £40 from Preloved.

Great little guitar - with a very big sound.

Failing that have a look at the Yamaha APX Series, they are electro-acoustic with small/thin bodies. You can pick these up relatively cheaply and they’re not bad guitars - although acoustically their sound can be a bit lacking, especially the APX500, which is what I own. It’s a well built guitar, very easy to play and always stays in tune!
    Thanks for the info, really interesting!

Yeah, I've heard the Taylors are top notch, but just can't stretch the budget that far unfortunately! 

I tried a Yamaha APX in the shop, wasn't that fussed on it for some reason. Just felt kinda "meh".

Thanks for the offer @robwright but doesn't really tick the boxes I'm afraid.  :)

Anyone else have anything they'd be willing to part with before I bite the bullet and buy new?
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 448
    If u r in London, I’m just about to sell my sigma tm 15 e on this forum