NPBD

mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
New pedal board day! I have been looking for a small pedal board for ages and the problem was that most of the small boards I could find weren't able to house my pedal power 2+ underneath, meaning I would have to go up a size and therefore defeat the idea of going down to a small board.

However after a lot of searching I found www.pedaldeck.com. 

Even their smallest board (which is the one I went for) is able to house the power supply underneath. Overall I'm very impressed. The board is very light and strong, high quality soft case. Brackets for the power supply are easy to fit with no drilling. UK based company and great communication when I messaged them via their Facebook page.

i would recommend them to anyone looking for a new board!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just discovered these guys on Andertons as I was about to order a Metro 16. Any more up to date opinions you have on the Solo? I don't need the extra 2" of width the Solo offers over the Metro 16, but its 8.7" to 8" depth increase would be helpful. The biggest benefit is I could install my old DC10 underneath and not have to buy a new PSU or add risers to the bottom of the PT Metro. 

• mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    I’m loving it overall. I have gigged it a fair bit now and it’s going great. The bag is pretty big so easily get all my spare cables and things in there. Nothing bad to say about it really!
  • Cheers for the reply! 

I contacted them about purchasing one, but they advised against the Solo model as the CIOKS DC10 is the only power supply they have tested that won't fit underneath, which is of course my power supply.

I am willing to replace my power supply, but there are only a small handful that will fit underneath the Metro line. I'd be happy with a Metro 16 as it's cheaper, marginally smaller (I don't really need the extra space the Pedaldeck Solo gives), and has a gig bag that's more compact as well. The Metro 16 being cheaper overall means I could spring for a new PSU, even if I prefer the Pedaldeck Solo and want to support a UK-based company. 

The issue is, there aren't many power supplies that fit my needs. I need to power eight pedals, and I really don't want to have to daisy chain. To me, that defeats the purpose of spending so much on an isolated unit. The Strymon Ojai, Ojai R30, and R300 are excellent and will fit, but they only have five isolated taps and are not cheap.

Strymon, I don't need five 500mA outputs; I need one or two 500mA and the rest to be 100-200mA. I understand that the likelihood of someone having more than five pedals on a compact board isn't that high, but the likelihood of a small pedalboard having five 500mA pedals is even lower. /side rant

CIOKS are supposed to be releasing a DC7 (and two other units, one that looks like it might have 8 outputs), but they were announced in January and supposed to be available by now and are nowhere to be found. I have no idea when they'll be released. I'll contact CIOKS to see. 

Then there's the 1Spot CS6. It'll fit underneath a Metro 16, no problem, but I'll have to daisy chain a couple of pedals. It's at least affordable.