Sigma made by Martin in Nazareth USA

What's Hot
Hi im in possession of a rare Sigma acoustic guitar assembled in Nazareth USA (D35N). These are very sought after models, due to the short production run between 1981-82. 

My question is, does anyone here own one or know anymore about these excellent guitars?

Kind regards. ...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    My understanding is that they were assembled in the US from Japanese parts including laminate back & sides; good sounding but not particularly valuable or sought after, so if yours is a good 'un it might be worth more to you than to somebody else.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    jellyroll said:
    My understanding is that they were assembled in the US from Japanese parts including laminate back & sides; good sounding but not particularly valuable or sought after, so if yours is a good 'un it might be worth more to you than to somebody else.
    They are quite sought after. Not valuable though. Nice guitars. In good nick maybe £350 to the right person.
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 56
    Thanks guys, but I am really looking for more specific info really. I don't necessarily agree with the pricing, as this is by far the best Sigma I've owned. Build quality and sound are very fine indeed. But thanks anyway. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4152
    Have you posted your question on The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum? There are a few people there who have researched the Sigma and Shenandoah guitars Martin put out. 
    I haven't but I will. Thankyou my friend that's most helpful. Thankyou.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    bugileman said:
    Thanks guys, but I am really looking for more specific info really. I don't necessarily agree with the pricing, as this is by far the best Sigma I've owned. Build quality and sound are very fine indeed. But thanks anyway. 

What is it you specifically want to know? Sounds like you know most stuff - 80s stuff, lam back and sides solid spruce top, normally play well and sound good. I used to have the DR-41 from the same period - I liked it. Wikipedia seems to have the history.
    Guess it's more the Nerdy stuff that only those in the know have. The one thing I did find recently was that finish is Nitro unlike all the rest of the Sigma line,which was poly. I have to say the finish and fit is the best I've seen on a Sigma