Jazzmaster build

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8822
Ive been a Feeder fan ever since Sweet 16 came blasting through the tv speakers on Gran Turismo. Fast forward nearly 20 years and I’m ashamed to say I only saw the band live last week.

We got a pretty good view (front row!) so I spent most of the night singing along and not paying too much attention to the guitars being used per song but needless to say it was all jags and jazzmasters. So, I figured that should be my next build.

https://i.imgur.com/OHAwDfM.jpg

Im thinking alder, p90s or bridge humbucker and neck p90? More than likely a sunburst but I’m also partial to charcoal frost. 

Hopeully ill have some body amd neck pics next week :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16649
    If you are going for P-90 I reckon one of Mojo’s upcoming staples would be an interesting addition 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Ahem

Silver ftw...

Inca Silver
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8822
    tFB Trader
    Happy to listen to configuration thoughts for pickups. I’ve ordered a neck so lll have a full guitar within the week :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    edited March 2018
    I'm currently lusting after a set of WRHBs for my JM. The trouble is every time I pick it up I fall in love with the Mojo JM pickups already installed. Clearly I'm gonna need another JM at some point...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I'm currently lusting after a set of WRHBs for my JM. The trouble is every time I pick it up I fall in love with the Mojo JM pickups already installed. Cearly I'm gonna need another JM at some point...
    I'm in exactly the same situation and have been having exactly the same thoughts! I've already spoken with Graham and Rich so my dilemma will be resolved...
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    His p90's are great like all his pickups, depends on the look and tone you're after, those staples look nice, I will be trying them too 

I'm thinking of putting a set of filtertrons in a jazzmaster style 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I need to spend time researching the various pickups available. One thing is for sure... Time is not on my side here. This could be a lengthy project
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    MOJO!!!

It's always the answer for all things pickup based
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    tFB Trader