NAD Orange Dual Dark

grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
edited March 2018 in Amps

got this beast today as after sellin my Mesa, the little Katana just wasn’t cutting it. 
Fantastic amount of gain on tap plus either channel can do a nice clean, built in attenuator means I can use this quietly too, could this be the end of the Katana?

anyhoo, proper chuffed. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Nice one! Having not really known a lot about them before a couple of years ago, I've found myself to be a big fan of Orange amps lately. It's not really comparable, but I bought a Rocker 15 back in November and am so chuffed with it. For some reason I now find myself wanting to buy more Orange stuff to go with it...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
     I like the growl orange amps seem to kick out. I took a long hard look at the rocker 15 as on paper it was the right amp for me even had effects loop but once I played channel B on the dark I couldn’t go back. 
    Im surprised orange amps are not more popular. 
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    The 15 is probably too much for me too as I use it at home only, but that was also it's key selling point - being able to flip down to "bedroom" mode. It really opened my eyes to Orange amps. There's a depth and oomph to the sound that's way above what my Marshall DSL5 can manage. I always thought I was only ever going to be interested in Marshalls...
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    This will mainly be used at home too, the half power switch and the attenuator works well for this.