Best Mid gain on the BOSS ME-80?

AdamHarkusBlogAdamHarkusBlog Frets: 147
What's everyone using as their main gain on the BOSS ME-80 - I'm talking AC/DC levels max, 

I started out with the TS but am now leaning towards the Overdrive.

The Blogging Musician ;https://adamharkus.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• redwedgeredwedge Frets: 17
    Never use the drives on the me-80. I have seperate pedals in front as just hate the sound of the ones provided

• borntohangborntohang Frets: 128
    'Blues'. Pretty sure it's a BD2 emulation. I basically use the ME80 as a headphone amp with the Clean setting cranked up a bit and a touch of compression for my base sound, then the Boost from the top right section for a brighter or darker drive, and the Blues drive for leads and heavier sections. Gives you clean, boosted clean, drive, and boosted drive. Not going to pretend it sounds like a marshall stack but it's good enough for jazz. I did prefer the drives in the ME70 though - seemed a bit less grainy.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I haven't tried the ME-80 yet, but having a look at it I don't think I would like it - by far my favourite drive models on the ME-50 are 'Natural' and 'Loud'. Only 'Natural' is on the ME-70, and neither are on the 80. I just never liked the sound of the 70 as much as the 50 anyway - it seemed somehow thinner and more 'artificial' - and despite having some extra bits that I did want, it also lost the 'Resonance' mode for the wah pedal.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• I’ve been using an me80 for some time now as a grab and go pedalboard for practices, small gigs, theatres etc.  It’s not the greatest sounding bit of kit in the world but is easy to use and does a better job than all similar priced units I’ve tried.  I agree that the drive sounds are not inspiring but for me the trick has been to keep the gain on whatever amp model I use and then boost it with either the solo boost or ts pedal.  It avoids  the wasp in the jar sounds and gives me a decent mid gain, mid boost sound that cuts through the mix