SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 2010 Fender Custom Shop '56 heavy relic Stratocaster w/gold signature Abigail Ybarra pickups

What's Hot
homeoftonejameshomeoftonejames Frets: 11
edited May 2018 in Guitars £
I have owned this guitar since 2011, I bought it from the original owner who had it from Cranes Musical Instruments in Wales. They selected the guitar from a well know guitar show, and the original owner had it reserved prior to it's arrival (the shop's written reservation tag is still in the case). I've absolutely cherished this guitar since choosing it, it was my first real 'big' purchase in terms of guitar gear and spent a long time looking for the 'right' Strat. I'm simply selling as I've grown out of love of Strats, and would rather it be in a home where it was enjoyed as much as I did for many years prior. 

This has the pickup set you hear so much hype about. Key thing is they sound great though really! They're the masterwound, gold signature Abigail Ybarra, 'hot' pickup set. You hear a lot said about Abby pickups, but these aren't the 'AY' signed ones not actually wound by her, but signed 'Abby' in gold pen with the date she made them.  I've popped some photos of the pickups if you were interested in this detail. Wiring has the Tone 1 for neck pickup, and Tone 2 for middle and bridge pickups, and of course a 5 way switch. Original Mica cap was replaced with an original NOS Sprague Vitamin Q PIO .047uF. The original jack socket was replaced with the improved Pure Tone Multi Contact jack. Both originals are in the case.

Relic work is pretty extensive as you can probably tell! Guess you could say it's definitely fitting in with the 'heavy relic' spec that's for sure. Everyone has their own opinion of this, if you like it, then that's the main thing. Neck is the classic '56 profile which is a soft V down at the nut, rounding to a C. Fretboard radius is 9.5". Overall quite full feeling, correct to the era neck/fretboard, which suits the sound from the guitar. Neck feels absolutely silky smooth, really is a key feature to this guitar playing as good as it does. Fretboard edge is rolled nicely, and frets are finished perfectly. Very minor fret wear visible on 1st and 2nd fret on B & G strings. The guitar only weighs 7.15lbs, so a great lightweight swamp ash strat (which has beautiful wide grain pattern too).

Set-up wise, its on 10s, with a nice low action. All original CS case 'candy' is there except for the strap which I did use a lot and won't be supplying with the guitar. but do have the part number to the replacement one should you want to get hold of one. 
Case is the original tweed/orange lining item, it has some small scuffs in the corners, but overall good condition (inside is immaculate). 

Specs
30th June 2010 Custom Shop built instrument - Serial #R56217
'56 Heavy Relic model Stratocaster
2 tone sunburst
Wide grain swamp ash body
6105 frets
9.5" Radius fretboard
Single ply aged white pickguard
Masterwound, gold signature 'hot' Abigail Ybarra handwound pickups
Upgraded NOS Sprague Vitamin Q tone capacitor (original cap kept)
Upgraded Pure Tone multi contact jack socket (original jack kept) 
Original Tweed case
Original case candy (except strap)
Total weight of guitar 7.15lbs

I have documented all of the internals of the guitar, neck pocket, neck and body stamps, along with wiring/pickup photos to detail all dates and numbers corresponding. 

No trades I'm afraid.
£2500 firm, located in Stourbridge, West Midlands but as I'm keen to move this to a new home soon for someone, I will ship fully insured with UPS (within the UK) for free. EU interest, would need to make up the difference of shipping cost . Definitely more than welcome to come and try it out, bring your amp etc if you want to hear it through your own gear, no worries at all. Just drop me a message and we can organise.

cheers, sorry for the long read!
James

1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments