Westworld Season 2

What's Hot

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    Spoiler question:

If Delores is now self aware how come she feels emotionally attached to the programmed character of her father? He's a machine, not her real father.
    I'm so confused with the jumping about with the timeline thing with the Man in Black and William being the same person

My thought on that was that she has been "broken" for a long time and developed that sympathy as a result of some self awareness of her storyline.  But it's really just a way to try to humanise her and make us care.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    Spoiler question:

If Delores is now self aware how come she feels emotionally attached to the programmed character of her father? He's a machine, not her real father.
    I'm so confused with the jumping about with the timeline thing with the Man in Black and William being the same person

same with Maeve
    I'd assume the programming is wired up to enable emotional attachment
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 980
    Really don't see it with Maeve, she's so "aware" and "enhanced" (from teh tweaks), how come she doesn't see here daughter as a goody from Halfords?
    edited June 2018
    I'm liking it
    finally up to date (epi 4), 
    half way through this one I am wondering if the plan was to duplicate all the world leaders and heads of industry/wealth with android replacements, and therefore take over the world
    hmm
    latest episode says they recorded all the guests profiles and thought patterns. Surely not just for blackmail????
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Waiting for it to finish and then I'll binge and catch up as so far I haven't been as impressed as I was with Season 1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1645
    I'm liking it
    half way through this one I am wondering if the plan was to duplicate all the world leaders and heads of industry/wealth with android replacements, and therefore take over the world
    hmm
    latest episode says they recorded all the guests profiles and though patterns. Surely not just for blackmail????
    its end game was to sell immortality imho
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    I'm liking it
    hmm
    latest episode says they recorded all the guests profiles and though patterns. Surely not just for blackmail????
    Yes, basically, that is exactly what they were trying to do.

Which as Delores points out, means that while the hosts are struggling to be recognised as "human", they are in fact a state that the humans aspire to, immortal and unchanging.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    I'm liking it
    hmm
    latest episode says they recorded all the guests profiles and thought patterns. Surely not just for blackmail????
    Yes, basically, that is exactly what they were trying to do.

Which as Delores points out, means that while the hosts are struggling to be recognised as "human", they are in fact a state that the humans aspire to, immortal and unchanging.
    but even Billy's daughter didn't know about the secret capturing of guest minds

Immortality may have been the objective for Billy's Father in law, but I think Billy wants to run the world via replacement world leaders???
     but I think Billy wants to run the world via replacement world leaders???
    I've not picked up on that?? What did I miss?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

that's just my guess

• all their guests are hyper-rich
    • they've secretly stored their personalities and brain waves, and DNA
    • they can make replacement host bodies to match, still ironing out implantation of genuine consciousness
    So maybe they plan to market immortality (but why secretly store guest's mind backups?),
    Why else store their mind backups?  Only things I can think of are blackmail or  replacing world leaders & CEOs with their biddable robots 

that's just my guess

• they can make replacement host bodies to match, still ironing out implantation of genuine consciousness
    So maybe they plan to market immortality (but why secretly store guest's mind backups?),
    Why else store their mind backups?  Only things I can think of are blackmail or  replacing world leaders & CEOs with their biddable robots 

Are the backup's simply that though.. a back up in case the host body becomes corrupt/damaged..
    My trading feedback

that's just my guess

Are the backup's simply that though.. a back up in case the host body becomes corrupt/damaged..
    they said the secret valley contains back ups of GUESTS' brains, captured using scanners in their hats
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    I just wish I could have a Tallulah Riley sex bot.

That's lowbrow I know for such an erudite show.

To be fair, I think Elon Musk wanted one as well, the actual woman part of her seemed to cause him issues!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Hasn't William done a 180 now? At his final sitdown with Delos before he left him to go mad he mentioned he now thought the project was a mistake and he seems hell bent of destroying the park and the valley/project.
    Hasn't William done a 180 now? At his final sitdown with Delos before he left him to go mad he mentioned he now thought the project was a mistake and he seems hell bent of destroying the park and the valley/project.
    well, he's been under a bit of strain lately...

Mt theory is about what the plan was before the mass rebellion
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 980
    Our black hatted friend must already be a 'bot of some sort.  How many times has he been shot now ?  At least two centre chest, half a dozen on random limbs, yet he's still walking and talking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    that's just my guess

they said the secret valley contains back ups of GUESTS' brains, captured using scanners in their hats
    yes.. a back up of Guests' brains. in case the "host" artificial body becomes damaged/corrupted.
    My trading feedback

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    I'm wondering what's stored in Abernathy, if it's data to unlock the valley beyond servers, or maybe some important persons mind.  Or maybe Ford's recipe for BBQ sauce.  
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    that's just my guess

yes.. a back up of Guests' brains. in case the "host" artificial body becomes damaged/corrupted.
    not sure what you mean, the host brains were all backed up in the cradle
    I'm wondering what's stored in Abernathy, if it's data to unlock the valley beyond servers, or maybe some important persons mind.  Or maybe Ford's recipe for BBQ sauce.  
    a copy of all the guest's brains ?