Trying to get this tone

What's Hot
BW321BW321 Frets: 0
Hi,

I have a Fender Mustang IV & a Fender Champion 100 at my disposal and was trying to acheive a similar tone to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q1EGE02urg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gg6WiTnn5A

I was just wondering if any body could point me in the right direction as to what they may think he's using if possible. It sounds to me like it's just reverb, delay, perhaps compression and a bit of chorus? But I have no idea what amp model etc it could be.

Any help would be appriciated in suggestions for pedals or what I may need.

Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Probably no help as I've not listened to it but why not just drop the guy a message?
    I've done this a couple of times via Twitter and always had helpful responses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Guitar: You want a stratocaster or similar guitar with a neck position single coil pickup, put it in neck pickup only pickup position, roll down the tone knob to 5 for a "creamier" tone.

Amp+drive: Use a fender clean amp model on your mustang, and crank the gain to mild breakup, add a tubescreamer model or similar type mid-boost overdrive. The mid-boost is crucial for this sound. 

Effects: I can't hear any delay in the first video, but just a mild delay around 300ms with one or two soft repeats doesn't hurt this sound, or a light reverb alternatively. No chorus and while I dont think you don't need compression, ultimately that is a personal taste thing. 
  • Branshen said:
    Guitar: You want a stratocaster or similar guitar with a neck position single coil pickup, put it in neck pickup only pickup position, roll down the tone knob to 5 for a "creamier" tone.

Amp+drive: Use a fender clean amp model on your mustang, and crank the gain to mild breakup, add a tubescreamer model or similar type mid-boost overdrive. The mid-boost is crucial for this sound. 

Effects: I can't hear any delay in the first video, but just a mild delay around 300ms with one or two soft repeats doesn't hurt this sound, or a light reverb alternatively. No chorus and while I dont think you don't need compression, ultimately that is a personal taste thing. 
    This, plus in the second clip i can hear an octaver adding the harmony on the lower octave
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    KoKKo Overdrive will get you that.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>