A nice surprise

What's Hot
FezFez Frets: 499
Played a dep gig last night for the band our singer plays bass in. Great gig then while we are packing up said singer starts gesticulating excitedly for me to come over to the other side of the venue where he then introduces me to none other than Arthur Brown who happened to be walking past the venue. Paul (singer/bassist worked with Arthur when he was in the goth band All living fear, just complete coincidence that Paul saw him walking past.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    I can still recall the look of horror on my mother's face when Arthur was on TOTP with "Fire" in the 60s :) We kids though he was great :) Nice to hear that he's still around.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2394
    Arthur Brown played one of the best gigs I've ever seen at the late lamented Boat Race in Cambridge. A couple of years later he came back and I dragged all my friends to see him, but he turned up without a band and it was a bit rubbish. Which was awkward.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Stuckfast said:
    ..., but he turned up without a band ...
    He’d probably fired them.

Ok, I’ll get my coat.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    I know Arthur Brown's drummer from those days. Martin Steer, who was also instrumental in getting Aynsley Lister going.