Strat wiring guidance for idiot please

I took the plunge today and fitted new pickups for the first time on my strat.  I wrote down the wire positions, labelled the pickups and all went okay.  Got the strings on and all works but the neck pickup sounds like the bridge and vice versa, but the correct tone still affects the correct switch postion as my guitar was wired for the rear tone to work on the bridge.

As I very cleverly didn't take any pictures I can't remember the layout.  Is the tone attached to the switch directly so when I next change strings I can just unscrew the bridge and neck pickups and change them over or do I need to desolder and resolder them in each others positions?

Any help gratefully appreciated please feel free to mock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Likely you have got the neck and bridge pickups soldered in the wrong way. You will need to swap them over on the switch.

though a photo would confirm  ;)
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Tap the pole pieces with something magnetic to find out which pickup is active in each position.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Likely you have got the neck and bridge pickups soldered in the wrong way. You will need to swap them over on the switch.

though a photo would confirm  ;)
    You were corrected that's what I had done, all sorted now thanks.