Leo's Best In A While...

What's Hot
darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
I follow with interest Leo's videos on Youtube, the last really great one was covering "Africa" but he has now done "Sultans of Swing.

This one is a collaboration again with another Youtuber I'm not very familar with...

Still one of the best ones he has done in ages.  They sometimes lean towards "play the song, just be shouty and use more gain", but this one is genuinely a different take on the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0RV0kgdqJU
You are the dreamer, and the dream...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    That's really good :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    Normally quite enjoy Leo's stuff but I hate Sultans of Swing so much that I'm not going to even risk hitting play on that. The original makes my teeth itch, can't stand it! :D 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Normally quite enjoy Leo's stuff but I hate Sultans of Swing so much that I'm not going to even risk hitting play on that. The original makes my teeth itch, can't stand it! :D 
    You should try - it's very good. Accurate to the original in terms of lyrics/notes/chords mostly, but with a totally different sound and a lot of humour. Then when it gets to the 'big guitar solo' it veers off into something that only loosely resembles the original. It won't make you like the original, but I think you'll enjoy it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    That was great!

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22730
    I saw this earlier today, not sure how I stumbled on it.  I don't think it's a very good version of the song, but the video's quite entertaining.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Loved that :)
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Excellent. Loved it.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    this is absolutely epic! 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    fucking hell, this guy is an absolute nut case! 

The Slipknot Duality acoustic cover has me in stitches (plus it's really good)

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I follow Leo too, agree probably his best since Africa. Also enjoyed last years Californication..

Thing about Mary though.. she just seems a bit (puts hands up to hold off onslaught of abuse) lacklustre..  Vocals are just going through the motions.. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
    LuttiS said:
    Thing about Mary though.. she just seems a bit (puts hands up to hold off onslaught of abuse) lacklustre..  Vocals are just going through the motions.. 
    Mary is OK ;)

I dare say nothing more positive than that, for fear of a similar onslaught!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    edited April 2018
    I like loads of his stuff, but that one was a bit...meh, I think.

My favourite, of course, is this one:

I normally hate screaming vocals, but he puts enough of the melody into them that it suddenly becomes brilliant.

Put it on, whack the volume up, and smile.
    <space for hire>
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31519
    That was great, and they use Mary's delivery deliberately as a humourous counterpoint to his style, I don't think she's lacklustre at all. 
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited April 2018
    One of my favourite youtubers. I just wish he would do more filming outside of his recording studio though. The video of him in the shopping mall dressed as a rabbit is excellent (feel good inc). Simple idea but so watchable.