Case for Martin O size

Hi. I recently bought a 1935 martin 0-17. I've been looking around trying to find a case specifically for a O size guitar. Would any kind soul be able to recommend a case please? Many thanks. Will
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Surely Hiscox must have one, the only choice.
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    Are Hiscox very sturdy cases? I dont think I've ever had a hiscox case? How would that compare to say a TKL do you think? There seem to be a fair few US manufacturers of nice cases but I'd really like to try the case before buying. Thanks.
    p.s. Hiscox list a 000 but not a 0. I will give them a call.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4193
    scalino65 said:
    Are Hiscox very sturdy cases? I dont think I've ever had a hiscox case? How would that compare to say a TKL do you think?
    Better in every conceivable way. Lighter, more protective, and excellent at protecting your instrument from temperature and humidity fluctuations.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    Lewy said:
    scalino65 said:
    Are Hiscox very sturdy cases? I dont think I've ever had a hiscox case? How would that compare to say a TKL do you think?
    Better in every conceivable way. Lighter, more protective, and excellent at protecting your instrument from temperature and humidity fluctuations.
    This. Hiscox are the absolute best cases you can buy, at any price in my opinion.

The SKB, TKL etc moulded cases which look similar are actually nowhere near as good. I would even say the top-range Hiscox is better than a Calton, and certainly far lighter.

The Hiscox 'Parlour' case looks like it will fit - it's actually a 00-size not a 0 since it has room for a 14.5" lower bout, but otherwise should be perfect. As far as I know they still supply extra cloth-covered foam pads which you can stick to the inside to take up any excess space like that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    Hiscox, no contest. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    The entry level Hiscox is a great case. The next one up, the Liteflite Pro II, is a fantastic case imho, incredibly strong/tough and still very lightweight.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Thanks chaps. I called Hiscox this morning. Really helpful guys and as @ICBM ; mentioned, they supply little extra pads that you can velcro in. Hiscox recommended the Pro-II GCL-s for the dimensions I provided. Pretty close already but the extra pads should get it just right. Sadly, they dont really do much in the way of wacky colour choices, but I can get one in ivory with blue lining as I fancy something a little different.
    cheers all
    Will