SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Laney Cub 10 w/ upgraded speaker + tubes

What's Hot
andymanandyman Frets: 57
edited September 2019 in Amps £
Up for sale is this "Neil Young in your living room" beauty. It's a 10w house-friendly combo with a circuit that's basically a Tweed Deluxe.
The speaker's been upgraded to a Jensen P10R (the original comes with it if you want), and I put 2x 12AX7 LPS in the preamp (the recommended choice) and 2x Sovtek 6v6GT in the power section. The tone knob is now waaaaay more usable. Gets super loud if you turn it up. Great crunch characteristic, too

£240 sounds fair. New, with the upgrades it'd set you back £360.
SOLD 

It's in mint condition. I suspect I'm going to regret selling it...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andymanandyman Frets: 57
    bump
    photos added
    Buuuump. This is sitting unused. Someone who'll make use of it should take it.
    and again, I suppose
    Bump with price drop.
    Bump
    Bump
  • MrTurnip'sMrTurnip's Frets: 5
    edited July 2018
    This doesn't have the 1w option does it like the 12r?. I'm interested but had my mind set on the 12 also would postage be an option unless your local to Sheffield?.

Thanks!!.
    Hi, it doesn't unfortunately, but it's in the sweet spot of loudness for a household amp.
    Interestingly, the Cub8,10,12 are all very different amps inside. I think the 12 is more of a high-gain thingamybob.

(postage is doable at buyer's cost)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    You definitely won't miss not having a 1w setting. They're very good home volume amps. What difference does the Jensen make? I feed mine out to a 15" speaker but the shipped speaker is fine for a super portable valve combo.
    edited July 2018
    Most people aren't a fan of the stock speaker. The Jensen opens up the clarity and makes it sparkle: it's a good match for that Neil Young Tweed Deluxe sound.
    andyman said:
    Most people aren't a fan of the stock speaker. The Jensen opens up the clarity and makes it sparkle: it's a good match for that Neil Young Tweed Deluxe sound.
    Sparkle sounds good, I should check one out. I use mine mostly as a bass amp these days, hence the 15".
    JezWynd said:
    andyman said:
    Sparkle sounds good, I should check one out. I use mine mostly as a bass amp these days, hence the 15".
    You like the breakup sound when you throw  abunch of low-end at it? I don't think it suits my baritone very well.
    andyman said:
    JezWynd said:
    andyman said:
    You like the breakup sound when you throw  abunch of low-end at it? I don't think it suits my baritone very well.
    I keep it clean playing bass but with 6 string I've always been impressed at how the gain ramps up very gently as you turn it up, ideal for dialling in a bit of grit, it loves a Tele. Nice little amps.
  • Thanks everyone could you please get a postage cost I'm on my hols at the min but if I decide to buy I could pay before and you hold back before you send .
  • Just gonna have a little think I'm now thinking it would suit me better then the 12.
    Thanks everyone could you please get a postage cost I'm on my hols at the min but if I decide to buy I could pay before and you hold back before you send .
    No problem. I'll run by the post office tomorrow morning and get a quote for you.
    OK, so  I went by the post office and postage is £22, apparently.

Also, I looked around and saw that I had the amp a bit underpriced, considering the speaker upgrade. Since this is my only remaining amp, I'd rather hold onto it than let it go for below what it's worth. Apologies...
  • No worries mate if you decide your happy to post at £190 ppg I'm happy to buy.

All the beat either way cheers!!.
  • And thanks for taking your time getting a postage quote etc... Usually I wouldn't be bothered over a few quid and I'd go for the £190 plus postage but as I said I'm on my holidays and money is an issue at the moment.  

Cheers