SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Laney Cub 10 w/ upgraded speaker + tubes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• andymanandyman Frets: 58
    Update: I've been going back and forth with this in my head and have decided to take the ad down for now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2018
    Bump. Another amp's popped up, so willing to sell this at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also, willing to split postage where necessary
    Bump. Seriously rad home amp.
    Aaaanyone? "Bank holidaytastic"
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4721
    edited August 2018
    andyman said:
    Hi, it doesn't unfortunately, but it's in the sweet spot of loudness for a household amp.
    Interestingly, the Cub8,10,12 are all very different amps inside. I think the 12 is more of a high-gain thingamybob.

These Laney Cub's are seriously good and under-rated little amps. I have the Laney Cub 12R - I upgraded the speaker to a Celestion Vintage 30, and put in a full set of JJ hand-tested tubes - huge sonic and volume difference to the stock amp. I wouldn't call the 12R high gain - but you're quite right that the 10 (which has 6V6 tubes) is a quite different amp that is more Fender tweed in tone, whereas the 12R with its EL84's delivers more of that classic British 'crunch' tone. At 15w, with a bigger cabinet and 12" speaker, it does push out a fair bit more 'oomph' than the Cub 10 and it has a bit more clean head-room too. The digital reverb is very good and the 1/15w inputs and extra tone shape control add a bit more flexibility, and it has a nice little 'kick stand' built in.  

I like both the 10 and the 12 but the 12 suited me a little better for classic rock & blues, and I like having a built in reverb as I don't have a separate reverb pedal on my pedal-board, and it has an FX loop and 8/16 Ohm extn cab out so I can put it through a 4x12 cab (and it sounds HUGE through one of those!). 

And with the upgraded Jensen I bet that's one sweet sounding little amp you have there. (I have 10" Jensen's in my Laney VC30-210, and they deliver great sparkle with a more vintagy, toppier vibe than 12's, which is nice) 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, they're absolutely killer little amps. The 10 even has the speaker out, but I sold the cab I had and now I've got an offer on something a little more high gain. I'll probably regret selling it eventually.
    Bump.

Back up for sale as something's caught my eye...
    edited April 2019
    Bump. Back from the dead, like J-bomb.
    Bump
    bump. Price drop.