Tesco. Annoying b*stardz

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
edited April 2018 in Off Topic
I've had tesco email since dinosaurs roamed the earth. The b*stards are pulling the plug in June and closing down. This is unbefrikkinleavably annoying as I have a gazillion things tied to my email. Total chaos, I can't begin to imagine how to unpick and reassign email addresses to everything I have ever needed or used. I'm gonna go to Asda and buy a box of eggs then throw them at the nearest Tesco shop front.

What's a good preferably free email service that is unlikely to get the plug pulled in my lifetime? I need 3 accounts. Damn, this is annoying ....
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5459
    Gmail. I have a few hotmail accounts too which I can't see ever getting pulled.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Is your Tesco email free?

If so how dare they pull a service that doesn’t cost you anything ;)

Simple fact - want permanent email that will never ever get pulled? You have to pay for it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Buy your own domain, pay for a simple hosting service, get as many email addresses as you could ever need for minimal cost, all under your own control.

Failing that, I've still got hotmail accounts from a *very* long time ago, and gmail since they started, both of which are still cost and hassle free.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Tesco do email?

Gmail 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 879
    I think Google Gsuite is worth paying for, but I expect you will be OK with gmail. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Tesco email? 
    It was a thing?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Have you e-mailed Tesco to complain?

Probably best to do it before June....
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Have you e-mailed Tesco to complain?

Probably best to do it before June....
    Good advice, every little helps. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Don’t worry I’m sure Aldi or Lidl with jump on the email bandwagon before long 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    I've heard Asda have stopped selling eggs.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    TTony said:
    Buy your own domain, pay for a simple hosting service, get as many email addresses as you could ever need for minimal cost, all under your own control.

+1
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Actually I have a gmail account that I don't use, had to get it with YouTube I think. 10 minutes and it is already really getting on my tits, where's the f***** email??????? Literally can't find any way to get to emails! ten tons of other shite. I just want basic email not all the other bollocks, so I think I'm gonna have to look elsewhere, I'm too thick to work with gmail.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    DiscoStu said:
    Gmail. I have a few hotmail accounts too which I can't see ever getting pulled.
    ah, not so -  When Hotmail/Outlook  upgraded it last year they ditched years of old emails! One account I had linked to my Steinberg Cubase account had ALL the historic mail wiped...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

??? I don't speak this language?? No clue what that means!
    Tesco email? 
    It was a thing?
    My Mum was on Tesco BBand and it was V V good @3.3Mbps (wow!) - then they sold it to TalkTalk and it is piss piss poor @2.07Mbps!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Yae , it's not just me then , Tesco email was my first account from the early days when i had dial up , i only used them for one or two years but there emails are great .  I have various others that i have tried and i really don't think any compare  (many people will laugh at that but if you haven't use the Tesco one ? ) .  Most of them have way to much going on - they just need to be simple .  But also the Tesco email , i have found to be lightning quick in comparison . 
       I had a bit of a panic and had to send myself a load of saved emails , bit by bit i am changing my saved email address over to the new one but it is a pain .     If somebody else used the same email platform then i would still use it , whoever's name is on it .    
       I have gone with Yahoo   , i think it is the same as Outlook but Outlook keeps the writing pane on the right of the screen when you are composing an email instead of using the full screen  (it will do it if you change the set up view but not when you want the reading pain on the right)  .

@richardhomer Tesco stopped there internet providings in 2015 and are closing the email service . They are forwarding them until October but the service ends on 27th June . They won't be changing that .

@axisus ; I have learnt a lesson here and i have now set up email forwarding to another account also as a back up , i can just go into it once a month or so and wipe the majority . Not practical  but  could prove usefull if something happens again .
    edited April 2018
    @axisus ;; - get some redress - get a trolley or two for jobs around the garden...

https://thehenrybrothers.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/mangal-shopping-trolley.png

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Actually I have a gmail account that I don't use, had to get it with YouTube I think. 10 minutes and it is already really getting on my tits, where's the f***** email??????? Literally can't find any way to get to emails! ten tons of other shite. I just want basic email not all the other bollocks, so I think I'm gonna have to look elsewhere, I'm too thick to work with gmail.

Go to Google.com click mail on top of the screen, if mail isn't there clock more then mail.
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 414
    underdog said:
    axisus said:

Go to Google.com click mail on top of the screen, if mail isn't there clock more then mail.
        Do you still have to type in a name to get the address up with gmail (you do with yahoo also)   ,  Tesco you just clicked address book and clicked who you wanted to send to  - no name typing = easy .
       As i was typing this i thought why don't i have a quick look at my gmail , well that quickly answered why i don't like it .  Contacts are hidden  (to easy to show a tab ?)  Then other windows opening up and also even getting into it in the first place , it seems to behave differently every time .
        Sometimes new and improved just isn't.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited April 2018
    Gmail is my favourite  it automatically sorts your emails and does a half decent job of it. Primary and Updates is where the important stuff goes, the rest is the kind of stuff you'd ignore. 

Only problem is it's very difficult to mass delete emails  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom