Walked into the office this morning..

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
edited April 2018 in Off Topic
And was immediately (after getting a coffee, we have standards) given some work to do!

I was flabbergasted! Not only was it not my jerb to do this, but someone (my line manager) had the audacity to ask me to actually do work! Before 9am! 
And then to top off the hurt they asked how some designs (other work) were coming along!

Granted, it was a 2 minute job.. but still! 

Currently eating porridge. 

What's everyone else got in store for a rainy Wednesday?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Bloody hell!! R u ok hun?! I hope you’ve started to look for another job!! To be treated like that, after a bank holiday weekend?!? 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I've been to get fasting blood tests done. 8.40am appt, I'm home now and stuffing my face with breakfast. I've got a couple of appts this morning but they can wait til I'm fed and ready!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Am currently working on how to restructure the payment mechanism for electricity transmission charges payable to water desalination plants in a GCC country. 

Its actually reasonably fun. I realise this makes me a massive nerd.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    PC_Dave said:
    Bloody hell!! R u ok hun?! I hope you’ve started to look for another job!! To be treated like that, after a bank holiday weekend?!? 
    Thanks babe, came as a bit of a shock that's all! Think i'll be alright after a sit down! 

;)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    I’m on two weeks holiday, but am now fearing a similar event when I return to work. So you’ve ruined the next ten days holiday for me!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    I'm expecting the usual struggle with my email inbox.

I briefly got it under control over Christmas and the New Year, but that was just a battle.  I'm definitely losing the war.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I'm doing a handover as I'm leaving in due course. It's a bit of a headache as I usually wing it a bit with documentation, but I want to leave on a good note so I'm actually putting effort in.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    mrkb said:
    I’m on two weeks holiday, but am now fearing a similar event when I return to work. So you’ve ruined the next ten days holiday for me!!
    10 days!? RUDE! What ever happened to dedication to the job? I suggest you read the employee manual as penance.  

Doing anything nice? :)
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    LuttiS said:
    PC_Dave said:
    Thanks babe, came as a bit of a shock that's all! Think i'll be alright after a sit down! 

;)
    PM me if u need to babes
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58

I like porridge.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24298
    I'm sat in my jim-jams at 9:45, contemplating checking my job calendar to see what nonsense they want me to do from home today.  The stress is unbearable - should I, or should I not, have another slice of toast ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Last time I went into the office they'd changed the carpet and moved my desk.

This was less traumatic than it sounds, as my desk is now in a corner facing outwards and feels like a safe refuge, and the carpet is all the same colour and has no holes in it. Which is nice.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Also eating porridge. I am a bit early for a meeting so using my free porridge voucher at a nearby FatDonalds. 
    Going to see a care home who were charging for work they weren't doing, I got the payments cancelled and saved Dudley council tax payers about £50k per annum. Good bit of work really but fair to say they aren't very welcoming when I go there now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    we were due to head out to the sea side today for pasties and views, but seem to have acquired a new cat, who is curled up fast asleep on the bed but seems to not understand what a cat flap is. We think he's a feral or farm cat, he's seen our two use the cat flap, but its use seems to elude him (we think he may be a "devon" cat, and possibly a bit of a banjo player) so we can't go anywhere till he wakes up. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm expecting the usual struggle with my email inbox.

I briefly got it under control over Christmas and the New Year, but that was just a battle.  I'm definitely losing the war.
    the del key is your friend
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Chris777 said:

I like porridge.
    I watched 2 episodes of it yesterday :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    so not a Blues song at all then??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I'm fettling another little Linux box in order to send it to some people who are collaborating with us so they can put their software on it. So far, I've had a coffee, added another user to this 'ere little box and given it sudo privelige, eaten some Sainsbury's "ritz-alike" savoury crackers, contemplated having another coffee, and posted on this thread. And my immediate boss has verbally agreed a design solution I came up with yesterday. Think I will have that coffee ...

:)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    Well,  I have a client who is sending bailliffs to clear a block of flats tomorrow and expecting considerable amounts of violence to deal with, a client who has fired a senior employee and flouted all employment protocol and phoned to ask if that's okay plus I have to deal with an ongoing row following the flooding of an office block and a contentious forensic report.

Broadly similar to the first hour of most mornings.  Yesterday I spent 5 hours in the car and went to see a tin shed the size of wales where they clean trains.

And people say insurance isn't rock and roll, we're like the 5th emergency service (6th if you count krispy kreme).
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Just finished a 4 night block so not in now until Monday which is nice.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"