Walked into the office this morning..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4164
    edited April 2018
    Coffee, email.  Going to pick my new car up at lunchtime.

Seen my manager once in about three months.  I think she's moved to our new building where I am, she might be at the old one 15 miles away.  Not sure.

This is why I keep this job despite the ever-so-slightly short money.  It works, I work hard on my own terms, and no-one has the temerity to ask me anything before 9am until I've got some caffeine down me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'm my own boss at work. I have a slow start but I often stay late.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4164
    axisus said:
    I'm not my own boss, but often I might as well be - otherwise you've summed me up perfectly :)

This is no slight on my boss, who I like very much.  She just has no idea what I do and is content to crack on with her own graft while it all gets sorted.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    edited April 2018
    randella said:

This is why I keep this job despite the ever-so-slightly short money.  It works, I work hard on my own terms, and no-one has the temerity to ask me anything before 9am until I've got some caffeine down me.
    For the most part this is why i keep my job too.. No one in the office understands or can do what i do, so i work on my own terms. Unfortunately it doesn't work both ways.. i know what everyone else does and for the most part can "help"

They also know, that even though i get in before 9 most days, it's reserved for coffee and bitching about being in, which my line manager is fully on board with.  
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I’m currently sat at home going over a new cctv policy so we can get it signed off and out to the rest of the business.  It’s an unsurprisingly dull read and definitely needs a car chase and some helicopters to liven it up.  
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    righto, new cat has woken up and gone out, so we're off to the seaside. Who else wants a pasty?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    edited April 2018
    VimFuego said:
    righto, new cat has woken up and gone out, so we're off to the seaside. Who else wants a pasty?
    Me please
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Jeez.

It's no wonder the French are more productive than the Brits.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018

Jeez.

I’m pretty sure all of France is on strike all of the time. Apart from the miserable twats who work on their border force at Eurostar Terminals.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22708
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm expecting the usual struggle with my email inbox.

I briefly got it under control over Christmas and the New Year, but that was just a battle.  I'm definitely losing the war.
    the del key is your friend
    But only del-aying the inevitable.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm expecting the usual struggle with my email inbox.

I briefly got it under control over Christmas and the New Year, but that was just a battle.  I'm definitely losing the war.
    the del key is your friend
    But only del-aying the inevitable.
    Or just create a rule that deletes anything older that 6 months/weeks/days.

if they email chasing, you know it was important. If they don't? Saved yourself the hassle of replying.

You're welcome.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    thread title doesn't scan in the same way as "when I woke up this morning ..."
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    PC_Dave said:

Jeez.

I’m pretty sure all of France is on strike all of the time. Apart from the miserable twats who work on their border force at Eurostar Terminals.

Yes, and they're STILL more productive!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    randella said:
    axisus said:
    I'm not my own boss, but often I might as well be - otherwise you've summed me up perfectly :)

This is no slight on my boss, who I like very much.  She just has no idea what I do and is content to crack on with her own graft while it all gets sorted.
    technically I'm not my own boss, I just mean that my work comes directly to me and I manage it without my boss having much knowledge of what I'm doing, other than when I'm involved with big stuff that he is in the loop for. Even then he doesn't have much of a clue of my working. I run my own show, no one else can do my stuff. Great job!
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4627
    well woke up to glorious sunshine (late) went down to the pool side bar and had sangria for breakfast and purving at all the totty in their swimming costumes. 
    Hard life.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    well woke up to glorious sunshine (late) went down to the pool side bar and had sangria for breakfast and purving at all the totty in their swimming costumes. 
    Hard life.
    How you getting on in prison : )