I'm heading to Nashville...

What's Hot
In 2 weeks, via NYC and Washington DC. But most importantly is that, apparently, the place we are staying in Nashville is literally a 5 minute walk from Gruhn Guitars and Rumbleseat Music, and about 20 minutes to Corner Music & Carter Vintage.

I'm going to have a very hard time not buying anything... 

:D :D :D 
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    You beat me to it!

Was planning on going this year but due to unforeseen circumstances we never got as far as booking it, so have postponed it now until 2019.

What have you got planned?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Yee-Ha!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Would you mind bringing me back a few guitars if you're not buying any? 

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    I went 4 years ago, awesome place. Spent many a happy night wandering up and down the broadway honky tonks  ... incredible high standard of live music ... specially the vocals and harmonies 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    So the plan is NYC for 3 nights, DC for 2 nights, then picking up a Mustang and heading down through Shenandoah, Blue Ridge mountains & Great Smokies, stopping at Dollywood then eventually Nashville for 4 nights (I think!)

We’re seeing The Darkness in Broooklyn (unless I win the Springsteen on Broadway lottery), and do then Grand Ole Opry followed by Foo Fighters in Nashville. Which leaves plenty of time for other bars & cafes & clubs depending on what takes our fancy. And guitar shops, of course :)

Also stopping to see the Space Shuttle on the way out of DC, which my inner 10 year could not be more excited about...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    @stickyfiddle Are you going to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center? I took a guided tour there years ago - one of the best museum visits of my life. The guide was an ex-USAF guy, who had personal experience of a lot of the exhibits. The collection is sensational - the SR-71 Blackbird was the standout for me.

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    So the plan is NYC for 3 nights, DC for 2 nights, then picking up a Mustang and heading down through Shenandoah, Blue Ridge mountains & Great Smokies, stopping at Dollywood then eventually Nashville for 4 nights (I think!)

NYC for three nights and DC for only 2 nights? Hope you planned it well, and hope you have a holiday of a lifetime.

I'll give you one suggestion for DC. Search out Albert Einstein's Memorial on Constitution Avenue. Only a few minutes walk (500 metres give or take) from the Lincoln Memorial.

And for NYC, see if you can blag your way into the del Posto restaurant. Worth every penny dime.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Enjoy! Sounds like an epic trip. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    @Moominpapa yes to SFU-H. We're trying to work out if we have time for one of the tours - it's high priority but we have to be at our B&B at a reasonable time. But we're definitely going whether we have the tour or not. 

@fandango already got Del Posto booked for lunch on our first day. We went there in 2014 and it was fantastic. I've since been diagnosed as celiac, which means good italian food can be few & far between, but apparently Del Posto is among the best at catering to it :) 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Freebird said:
    Would you mind bringing me back a few guitars if you're not buying any? 

Kudos for the TVZ clip. :-)