What band apps do people use?

I couldn't really work out what section this belongs under, but is there an app bands use to coordinate? When I'm booking gigs it would be great to have a shared calendar I could use to see when people are available rather than having to send out 6 texts or wait for people to reply on a facebook or whatsapp thread. I liked the look of Bandmule but the promised Android version doesn't appear to exist, and something like Slack is pure overkill. Any alternatives?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I just set up a google calendar with a new email address and let everyone have the log in details.      Sometimes have to set up it up on their phones but generally easy enough to use and works for Apple and Android.  
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I've used both the shared Google calendar approach and an app called TeamUp.

Both had the same basic flaw - you're dependant on people keeping them up to date.  In my experience people will tend to remember to put on holidays but day trips, family commitments, stag dos etc tend to get forgotten.  After cancelling a couple of bookings I decided it was easier to just keep using WhatsApp and waiting for responses. 
  • Google calendar and a kick in the balls next time you see them if they don’t update.
  • Trello 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    We use https://doodle.com to collate responses regarding availability for gigs. It's generally on a per-event basis, eg. "Can you all do a gig on Sept 14th?", or a series of dates for rehearsal, eg. "What dates are you available for rehearsal next month?"
  • Doodle to poll for availability (rehearsals / gigs).

Shared Google calendar to record what we've actually booked - but we don't bother trying to use it for capturing availability.

WhatsApp for general nagging when people don't fill in the doodle :expressionless: 
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • Google calendar, and we add our non-available days into that. Everything else assumed to be good. Plus a variety of texting, phoning, facebook messaging if required!

I recommend being a three-piece with no kids too!!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Google calendar for rough availability and reminding people when we're rehearsing and where. Doodle to pin down dates.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    edited April 2018
    Google Calendar, Google Apps for domain emails etc, and WhatsApp for coordination (we have a separate group for set lists only, and another for recording shizzle).

Oh, and Google Drive for useful files, Sheets for finances and album progress etc.
    <space for hire>
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    We run two Google calendars. One for gigs, and one for availability. Those of us with iPhones connect them as additional calendars so that we can see all our commitments at the same time
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.