Save Me - Sky Atlantic

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
Couldn't see a thread for this...but anyone else watch it?

Finished watching it today, and is easily one of the best (if not the best) short British TV dramas (6 episodes) I've ever seen. Much better than the usual BBC/ITV british drama. I was physically shaking with nerves on the last episode as it builds.

If anyone is looking for a series to watch, add this to the list, you won't be disappointed. 

It stars (and is written by) Lennie James (who plays Morgan in TWD, he's much better in this!) and Suranne Jones (among others). 

Honestly worth 6 hours of your time. Compelling from start to finish. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9710
    edited April 2018
    It started off so well...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Not sure if serious or taking the piss? :frythinkingface:
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Currently paying for Now TV for Walkng :skull: so might give it a go. 
    A lot of Easter weekend was spent watching season three of The Tunnel on Sky/Now. Probably the best season yet. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12344
    Great series, last episode such a let down.  Lennie James is either the best actor in Britain or was playing himself, he seemed to write it direct it and make the tea as well!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889
    Very impressive, very dark
    munckee said:
    Great series, last episode such a let down.  Lennie James is either the best actor in Britain or was playing himself, he seemed to write it direct it and make the tea as well!
    Can't agree - he's already written two more series (before even commissioned), so they already know where they want the story to go. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole of the episode, even though I probably knew what the final outcome was going to be. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    It’s on our watchlist, it sounds intriguing from the posts above.

Wading our way through Midnight Sun at the moment, it started off well but it’s got quite weird after the first few episodes, and not necessarily in a good way. Reminds me of Fortitude in a lot of ways. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12344
    joneve said:
    munckee said:
    Can't agree - he's already written two more series (before even commissioned), so they already know where they want the story to go. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole of the episode, even though I probably knew what the final outcome was going to be. 
    Didn't know it was a Lord of the Rings style epic, will definitely watch next series.  Quite a few other characters they can develop.

Walked away from fortitude after 3 episodes @boogieman  ; 
    munckee said:
    joneve said:
    munckee said:
    Didn't know it was a Lord of the Rings style epic, will definitely watch next series.  Quite a few other characters they can develop.

Walked away from fortitude after 3 episodes @boogieman  ; 
    Yea, I hope it continues in the same vain.

• Struggled with the first few episodes but was hooked by the end. Ending wasn't totally unexpected but I liked how the tension built in the last two episodes.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9710
    joneve said:
    Queen lyrics related reference :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    joneve said:
    Queen lyrics related reference :)
    ahhhh! Should have guessed! :)
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Finished it last night, thought it was very good right up till the end, shall not say anything as a spoiler but thought the ending let the whole thing down. 
    ...and I watched it. Not exactly a laugh a minute but some quite tense stuff. 
  • I watched it all over two days! Thoroughly enjoyed it but thought the ending was a real let down!
    The ending is setting up for another series, I think if you accept that then it's okay. I'm slightly puzzled by the local 'characters'( the wolf man, the clown,etc) and the need to insert them ever so often. Feels a bit at odds, perhaps life on a London estate is like that and I just don't realise. 
    There was a bit in the final episode that made me laught out loud but it's probably more of a spoiler than an actual plot point. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Really enjoyed it
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    We’re up to episode 4. Pretty good so far, although the spoilers about the crappy ending have me a bit bothered.  :/
    boogieman said:
    We’re up to episode 4. Pretty good so far, although the spoilers about the crappy ending have me a bit bothered.  :/
    Ignore them. 

The last episode is some of the most tense TV I've ever watched. I was physically shaking whilst watching it. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The ending is only a let down if you have succumbed to years of American movie endings. 

Personally I thought the ending was good because it didn’t do this.