Customs, Parcel Force Coventry

What's Hot
TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
Anyone else dread seeing that their international order is now being “held at Customs Parcel Force Coventry”!

Ive had a pedal order in there since last week. Another pedal was in over 3 weeks! Its ridiculous! At least when its the Royal Mail dealing with the customs I can pick it up from my local Post Office. The nearest Parcel Force Depot is a 45 minute drive away for me, and I refuse to pay extra for delivery when they bend me over for tax and handling fees!

The last time I went to pick up a pedal from Parcel Force the main road was flooded and I was forced to make my missus run to pick it up before they closed. It was over a mile and she made it a minute before they closed shop. Her foot was bloody when she got back. 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7810
    In general, best thing about Coventry is seeing it dissapear in your rear view mirror as you accelerate away from that shithole at tremendous speed. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Bad running form or bad shoes - get her some new ones.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    You made your missus run a mile and back to pick up your pedal?  Dude I’d have waited or gone myself.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    I have ordered things from America and China, and what I can say is that every parcel from "a merry car" is always held up and I always have to pay duty, yet we have ordered from China, a wedding dress and three suits made to measure all arrived fast, no customs no hassle ever no duty, also as a side note these top end bridal stores order wedding dresses from china made to measure then wang a huge markup on them, O.o I am starting to sound like victor meldrew, "what the bloody........"
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    TeeByrd said:

The last time I went to pick up a pedal from Parcel Force the main road was flooded and I was forced to make my missus run to pick it up before they closed. It was over a mile and she made it a minute before they closed shop. Her foot was bloody when she got back. 

Classy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9575

Parcel Force always drop it off at one of two Post Offices (5 mins walk in either direction) for me. I'm also lucky to have a depot 5 mins away from work, useful for dropping off bulky parcels.

• TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    Adam_MD said:
    You made your missus run a mile and back to pick up your pedal?  Dude I’d have waited or gone myself.  
    TeeByrd said:

Classy. 
    My bad attempt at a joke. The wife actually offered as i was suffering with bronchitis
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    See we need the whole story! Now I feel guilty for my judgment! 
    See we need the whole story! Now I feel guilty for my judgment! 
    Please don’t be. Totally my fault. I intended to put a wink emoji after but forgot 
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    edited April 2018
    I ordered a few pedals from Lovepedal's last weekend sale, and they are still in Parcelforce, Coventry - and have been since 27/03/18! I've still not received my letter informing me of the import duty! It drives me mad! 
    agibbo said:
    I ordered a few pedals from Lovepedal's last weekend sale, and they are still in Parcelforce, Coventry - and have been since 27/03/18! I've still not received my letter informing me of the import duty! It drives me mad! 
    Me too matey. Can’t really see any reason why they take so long. We should all send an email to Watchdog  ;)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9504
    Shocking service... at least they are consistent !

Ive found that giving them a call livens things up a bit...
    TeeByrd said:
    agibbo said:
    Me too matey. Can’t really see any reason why they take so long. We should all send an email to Watchdog  ;)
    To be fair ro Parcelforce, the other times I've ordered pedals from America I've generally got the import duty letter within a day or two of them receiving it. The only other time it was this long was around Christmas when I ordered my Timmy pedal.

The most annoying thing is that I'm only around a 30 minute drive from the depot, so could go and collect it quickly if they would allow me to without the customs fee letter!
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Not sure how or why that happens at Parcelforce, seems very odd. If we get anything that's a COD for import tax we pay it up front then it gets sent out as normal. This is why it's called Collect On Delivery. I'd be on the phone to them straight away. 
     If you fancy dealing with HMRC and clearing your parcel yourself then go ahead, I think you'll find the handling fee is worth it. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

I phoned customer services today about the collection/import duty  letter and they can only assume it got lost in the post - surprise, surprise! I drove to the depot though and collected the pedals, so all is well!