Jumbo (j-200) acoustic: string recommendations

Assuming a J-200 guitar and gauge 12, what recommendations do you all have for strings; material(s) and brands ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Newtone Masterclass Phosphor Bronze 12-54.

Absolutely perfect on my Dove, which although a different body shape is otherwise a very similar guitar.

https://www.newtonestrings.com/shop/master-class-acoustic-6-string/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sm55onlsm55onl Frets: 28
    Thanks for the tip.

I’m assuming that the added phosphor will dampen the otherwise bright and forceful output from a jumbo/Dove type of acoustic ?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    sm55onl said:

I’m assuming that the added phosphor will dampen the otherwise bright and forceful output from a jumbo/Dove type of acoustic ?
    I always find phosphor bronze is warmer-sounding than 80/20 bronze, yes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein