Best Hidden track.

What's Hot
You know the ones- you're listening to an album. it ends but you don't press stop.
 20 minutes later you crap yourself because suddenly music starts playing. 

What are your favourites? 
I nominate AFI- Sing the Sorrow

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    edited April 2018
    Travis - Blue Flashing Light, on The Man Who.

A very dark song which wouldn’t really belong on the album at all, but is brilliant as an unexpected ending.

Overall the whole concept is overdone and tedious though - in the late 90s it seemed like every album had one whether it needed it or not.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    ICBM said:

Overall the whole concept is overdone and tedious though - in the late 90s it seemed like every album had one whether it needed it or not.
    Heard one of these for the first time in ages yesterday and that's exactly what thought, along with thinking I'm glad the fashion went away. 
    For the record it was Sumner McKane, "The Morning in the Rain at Magens Bay" and looks like it was from 2006 but maybe things move slower in his part of the world.
  • Michaela Strachan, Scouting for Girls

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    Extreme - Waiting for the Punchline, on the album of the same name.

Easily the best song on the album, and one I didn't even notice until I'd owned the album for 10 years!
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    ICBM said:
    Travis - Blue Flashing Light, on The Man Who.

A very dark song which wouldn’t really belong on the album at all, but is brilliant as an unexpected ending.

I clicked on this thread in order to suggest this one @icbm but I was clearly too slow. Going to see them perform The Man Who at Symphony Hall in Birmingham in June so hoping they play this one as well - ideally ten minutes after everybody has left because they thing the album is over :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    The last 5 minutes or so of Ash 1977 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    I liked 'Jack Names The Planets' and 'Don't Know' from Ash's debut 1977. They were cool cos I didn't know about them for months because they were hidden BEFORE track 1 and could only be found by rewinding from the start of the CD. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    I also liked the one on 12 Memories they did, Sad Song. Bizarrely that song would have worked much better with The Man Who and again was contrasting in mood with the rest of the album!

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    I always loved this, The Coral's 'time travel'

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited April 2018
    Love Jawbox's cover of Cornflake Girl hidden at the end of their S/T album

Also, John Cale's Set Me Free hidden before the first track on his Hobo Sapiens LP is really lovely.  Can't find a vid of that one.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    I didn't know there was such a thing as hidden tracks.
    Are they not mentioned on the track list?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    proggy said:
    Yes, not listed and hidden either at the end or start of the CD. Sometimes the last track has a load of silence, then a hidden track starts. Others have loads of short empty tracks, then a hidden song at say track 99...others are more sneaky and you had to start track one and rewind to minus numbers to get to the hidden track. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    proggy said:
    Yes, not listed and hidden either at the end or start of the CD. Sometimes the last track has a load of silence, then a hidden track starts. Others have loads of short empty tracks, then a hidden song at say track 99...others are more sneaky and you had to start track one and rewind to minus numbers to get to the hidden track. 

I had better start searching my CDs, see what I've been missing.
    Cheers.
    Most of them were done by making the last track about 20 minutes long with 10 minutes of silence in the middle and then the hidden track at the end, which is very annoying when you’ve imported them into your iTunes library.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    'Blow on a Jug' Black Sabbath.

:)
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Robbie Williams is a master of this. First two albums you get a couple of poems about ten minutes after the last track and then on his third album after about 20 min he says “I’m not doing one on this album.”
    Amuses me, anyway... Although I get most folk here wouldn’t give Robbie the time of day.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Citizens Band by Super Furry Animals. You had to rewind the cd for 5 minutes from the start of track 1 to hear it. 

https://youtu.be/nQjr5u8aivE
    AlexC said:
    Robbie Williams is a master of this. First two albums you get a couple of poems about ten minutes after the last track and then on his third album after about 20 min he says “I’m not doing one on this album.”
    Amuses me, anyway... Although I get most folk here wouldn’t give Robbie the time of day.
    I like him too. I was going to say that one as well, but I changed my mind and went for Travis because it's actually a proper track.

The one on his first album, 'Hello Sir', is quite uncomfortable to listen to if it's an accurate reflection of his experience at school, which I have no reason to doubt.

• scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    Government mule at the end of in my life on life before insanity.