So how do I spend nectar points then?

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
Been collecting them for a while as I fill up at bp, and now I have like £56 worth of points. 

Can you spend them on fuel? 
Or guitars? 

If not I’ve wasted my time... lol! 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Sainsbury’s sell beer and wine. Problem solved. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    You can convert them to eBay vouchers, and buy guitars that way...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Whitecat said:
    You can convert them to eBay vouchers, and buy guitars that way...
    That how I use them as well - just link your nectar account on the Ebay site and claim the vouchers.     
    But you can just ask to use them at the till in Sainsburys.  
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    So long as you're happy that some marketing outfit somewhere knows what you spend, when, and what on. Every man has his price.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited April 2018
    So long as you're happy that some marketing outfit somewhere knows what you spend, when, and what on. Every man has his price.
    I'm with you Phil ...

You wait .. go to A&E .. "Mr Fret .. do you live with anyone? No .. oh dear .. according to your Nektar points it looks like your buying too much booze and bad food .. no treatment for you .. go home and die and save the NHS some money".

:-) :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    They’re welcome to. Couldnt think of anything more boring for the poor bastards than watching my retail calibre pay check get spent on diesel and beans the first week of each month lol. 

Then again I live in Greater London and use the internet, so if ever I buy a bunch of semtex I reckon someone scarier will know about it. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    edited April 2018
    I save them all year and knock them off my Christmas shop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited April 2018
    Me and the missus started collecting them when we moved in together over 20 years ago and for the first few years, blew them on  our Christmas shop.  Then we didn't bother spending them for years, except maybe once on cinema tickets, but it wasn't that much of a good deal.

When we had over £250 worth I was worried about losing the cards and some scrote spending the lot on booze.  So as we had a toddler at the time, the points went towards an IPad, for his edu-macational purposes.
  • BTW, from the start, I wanted to spend htem as we got them to reduce the food bill.  For some reason, the wife didn't and wanted to hoard them instead.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Do they have any offers? Some of the Tesco ones are quite good ( 3 for 1 means we can pay most off of our eurotunnel crossing). I’ve had a Nectar card for years , I bought a portable telly from Argos with the points once but that was years ago so there must be another few quid on it by now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • IORC the wife spent Tesco points on stuff where the points were doubled up.  AFAIK, Nectar didn't do that, which is why she didn't spend them.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    I've got nearly £500 worth.  I'll use them one day.

Apparently you can use them for things like flights and family days out, but I don't really do any of that stuff.  I've been told that you get better deals using them for offers than just taking cash off shopping.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Aye I’ll have to have a hunt around then. 

Spending on ebay might be a good shout though.. 
  • I've got about £20 quid at the moment. Usually end up realisign how much I have and using them to pay for that weeks food shop. The offers you get in the post aren't too bad either. Just for the sake of swiping the card each time i use sainsburys, it soon adds up!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    You can spend them in Argos, probably best not to buy one of their guitars though, better off getting a kettle or something.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    IORC the wife spent Tesco points on stuff where the points were doubled up.  AFAIK, Nectar didn't do that, which is why she didn't spend them.
    Ahh, shame. The Tesco offers are pretty good. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    I usually wait until I've amassed £2.50 (which takes about 6 months) :) Then you can ask the cashier to deduct that from your Shopping. Whoooopeeeee!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    The idea of converting them to ebay is a good one - thanks for that, I've got £50 worth just now!

Last time I spent some, I bought a Microsoft tablet in Sainsbury's, just to see what it was like; it turned out to be rubbish!

Incidentally, I'd accumulated some Tesco points too and some went towards a new TV (to replace my ancient Panasonic plasma) and the rest went towards a meal out, where you get 4x face value in vouchers. However, Tesco are just downgrading their Clubcard points, so they're nowhere near as good.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5416
    IORC the wife spent Tesco points on stuff where the points were doubled up.  AFAIK, Nectar didn't do that, which is why she didn't spend them.
    Sainsbury’s sometimes does double or even triple nectar offers in-store. You have to queue up at customer service to get a voucher for the specific category you want to spend them on, and they issue a paper voucher. So every 500 points would add up to £5 or £7.50 worth of discount. 

Fine if they have something you need, but the “categories” were a little bit limited if I recall - eg, you could get a voucher for wine, but it had to all be Taste the Difference wine. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    edited April 2018
    /\ they doing that now. You get Nectar at the fuel too but you can't redeem them on fuel, only in-store for groceries/housewares/clothes/booze/electricals.

B4 Xmas they had a Bonanza Weekend where for every £10 spent on anything you got a win of min 200 but up to 10000 points (additional to your purchase related points). I got 3500 altogether but in the autumn one got 5000. This equates to useful ££.

500 points to redeem £2.50 and prorata upwards.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>