Heard about the Germany attack...

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
edited April 2018 in Off Topic
Another vehicle ploughs through a crowd. 20 injured, 2-3 dead depending on the source.

Most sources say nothing yet points it as a terrorist attack or related to Islamic extremist stuff..
The Independant states he was a German national with mental health problems. 

The driver shot himself dead and the identity hasnt been released.

Crazy ass world we living in.

The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    Shooting yourself dead points strongly against Islamic extremism I would have thought.
    It's likely just a random nutjob.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Only a guess but if its extremist terrorism and the perpetrator had a weapon and blew his/her brains out after the crash then they're a pretty shit terrorist.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Aye seems so. Crazy this shit keeps happening though.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited April 2018
    You can bet your life that if the driver were white male, the BBC would all over this story like a dog rolling in fox shit.

The BBC & MSM would be telling us his whole life story, where & when he was born, first kiss, who his mates were, qualifications, and showing doctored pictures of his home, and giving faked interviews to his nearest and dearest, all the while painting him to be the the tip of the iceberg in far right extremism.

You've heard this so many times it's dulled the senses.

Anyway, back to the truth, which will trickle out slowly, but we're not there yet because it's starting with the crap that he's a "German national with psychological problems".
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    To be honest, I’m actually surprised at how long it took for terrorists and nutjobs to recognise vehicles as an effective weapon.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    To be honest, I’m actually surprised at how long it took for terrorists and nutjobs to recognise vehicles as an effective weapon.
    As a cyclist, I consider most car drivers to be terrorists. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    fandango said:
    You can bet your life that if the driver were white male, the BBC would all over this story like a dog rolling in fox shit.

The BBC & MSM would be telling us his whole life story, where & when he was born, first kiss, who his mates were, qualifications, and showing doctored pictures of his home, and giving faked interviews to his nearest and dearest, all the while painting him to be the the tip of the iceberg in far right extremism.

Anyway, back to the truth, which will trickle out slowly, but we're not there yet because it's starting with the crap that he's a "German national with psychological problems".
    What are you on about again?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Well it will certainly be interesting to see what does come out. 

So far no description of the man at all, which I presume is because people will inmediately jump to Isis if he’s of certain criteria. 
    Which there is a strong emphases on not jumping to from every article.

I get it though, they dont want the public losing their heads while its so recent.

Some reports have added that there was a possible bomb on board the van. But again theres been little to no updates in hours this evening.

• carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    fandango said:

FZ would be embarrassed that you keep quoting him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    ICBM said:
    Yup. I'm also amazed noone's tried anything major at new year's eve events - shitloads of people in relatively confined spaces, not concentrating on their surroundings, many drunk, and expecting fireworks so won't be instantly run from loud noises... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    @BigBearKris ;
    @carlos ;

Both of you need to get out more, by which I mean that you need to get your news from other than the BBC and mainstream media.

Seriously, your own ignorance does you no favours.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Yup. I'm also amazed noone's tried anything major at new year's eve events - shitloads of people in relatively confined spaces, not concentrating on their surroundings, many drunk, and expecting fireworks so won't be instantly run from loud noises... 
    Edinburgh had MASSIVE concrete roadblocks all round the Old Town and Princes St during the festival and Hogmanay this year for that reason. 
    It was a sad indictment of the world we live in- I love the carefree spirit of the city during these periods but seeing those things was a reality check. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9713
    If they (the media etc) wanted us to think it was terrorist then they'd have found his passport in the vehicle and a flag at his house within an hour, as is the norm.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24298
    fandango said:
    @BigBearKris ;
    @carlos ;

Both of you need to get out more, by which I mean that you need to get your news from other than the BBC and mainstream media.

Hang on...  let me get this straight...   Your first post suggested (to me anyway) that you felt there was an anti-right bias in the reporting and you were calling into question the veracity of the statements that the perpetrator was a German national with mental health problems.  Have I understood you correctly here?

If so, with absolutely zero evidence to support your case, you then attack @BigBearKris and @carlos for their “ignorance” ?

Surely I must have misunderstood here ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    fandango said:

Is there ever a time when you don't come out with teh conspirazciesz? 

fandango said:
    @BigBearKris ;
    @carlos ;

Uh huh. Everyone is so ignorant. 

So what are your sources of news then? Throw me out three sources that you use on a regular basis. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I get all my facts from youtube. I find the more shouty and ranty the video, the more true it is. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    VimFuego said:
    I get all my facts from youtube. I find the more shouty and ranty the video, the more true it is. 
    Good call. Works for me. The BBC is just the mouthpiece of BoJo and co. All lies. Why Porton Down wanted to test its nerve agent on two Russian tourists I don't know. According to the Russian press, which I trust, the Queen is a raging alcoholic (at least the Times reported it today).

Apparently the BBC has reported the German attack was made by a far right activist .. who'd believe that?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    Right, so the driver was a graphic designer with a history including suicide and serious mental health problems. 

fandango said:

By all accounts, the driver was white. So let's look at your assertion involving the BBC and fox shit. 

The story isn't on the front page of the website. It's not on the front page of the News section either. Instead you have to go to the World News section where it's mentioned but not smeared all over the place as you asserted it would be. 

https://i.imgur.com/K3SAkGO.png

So now let's go to the MSM in the form of the Sunday inkies. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-43685937

Shit. So only the Sunday Telegraph put the story on the front cover. So much for the whole dog in fox shit angle then. 

You're right on one thing though: I have heard this so many times that it has dulled the senses, the same posts from udes like you with your tropes about the MSM, the obsession with the BBC that verges on a need for psychiatric intervention, the unstinting belief that everyone else is ignorant and simply doesn't read the right sources, and your obedience to The Truth, this golden temple that so many are oblivious to but you, precious you, understand. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    ICBM said:
    As a cyclist, I consider most car drivers to be terrorists. 
    As a non-driving pedestrian I can assure you that it works the other way as well.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    VimFuego said:
    I get all my facts from the YT comment section. Beat that!