Just been shown this.

BucketBucket Frets: 7751
edited April 2018 in Music
It blew my mind. The video is pretty uncomfortable viewing.

So this is a young British guy called Keaton Henson. Everything on the track is him - the writing, guitar work and singing. A friend of mine was over tonight and I put some Nick Drake on, which led him to recommend this to me - I sort of see why he made that connection. I've just done a bit of research. Henson suffers from crippling anxiety which means he has played very few gigs, and the above video is not staged in the slightest - he found being in front of the camera, doing a promotional video for his own music, so terrifying that he walked off in tears half-way through. Apparently the flares being fired from the boat were only supposed to be in the background. It's heartbreaking, but also so incredibly powerful - and I really like the song too.
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Heard his name before, but a few years ago. I have his track “you don’t know how lucky you are” on my phone, might have been a random track I heard on the radio or a tv programme that spurred me to download it. I’d pretty much forgotten about him till this thread, so thanks for the reminder. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27587
    I've only heard Romantic Works which is all instrumental. It is excellent; I should have a listen to some more. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    I like that, thanks :)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Have checked the albums out and can't stop listening, to the above song in particular - even without the startling video, it's my favourite of his. Beautiful writing.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."