Marshall Silver Jubilee in a pedal.....

What's Hot
I’m looking to buy a pedal that can emulate the lead tone of a silver jubilee, does anyone have any suggestions please? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    That Alexander pedals Jubilee sounds pretty good to me on the demos i've seen. Same goes for the MI Audio Super Crunch Box v2 which seems like it'd be more versatile as well. I had an original one and it was really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I saw the Alexander pedal, looks pretty good but I think they’re only available from Andertons in the UK. I’ll check out the m audio. Cheers!!
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    Crunch box aren't that easy to find but the JHS Angry Charlie is pretty much the same pedal. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    The Wampler Plexidrive Deluxe has a damn good EQ on it and plenty of gain on tap which will give you a decent approximation. Also have a look at the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret Mk III.

Both will get close.
  • Cool, will check them out. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    the Weehbo pedals also get mentioned often in these threads. 
  • The jcm drive looks quite promising, sounds great is only roundvthe corner and I think they have one. I’ll check them out. 
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Wampler Plextortion is what you want......just so happens i have one on sale here   =)

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/125807/fs-wampler-plextortion-pedal#latest

• xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    I've owned three Jubilees (50 watt head, 50 watt combo, 100 watt reissue head). I've also owned theCatalinbread Dirty Little Secret Mk III (which doesn't sound like a Jubilee to me) and the Xotic SL Drive (closer than the DLS imo, but still not Jubilee-ish).

There are lots of Marshall-in-a-box pedals and many of them are very good, but if you want Jubilee specifically, it's different from a Plexi or an 800, which is what all those pedals are replicating. 

I asked this question a few years ago and didn't get a good answer then. It's weird because with the partly solid-state front end of the Jubilee, you'd think it would be easier to produce in a pedal form, but I'm not aware of anything that aims at doing it. Someone suggested a Rat to me when I asked. I haven't messed around enough with a Rat into a clean amp, but it might be worth a go.

My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • I used to own a jubilee too and I loved the lead tone on it but always found when switching to the other channel it sounded terrible with the way the lead was set up and if I set it up with a great rhythm sound the lead tone was terrible. This is why I ended up selling it but I love the tone I could get out of it for solos. I think this is the reason you see people that use jubilees (slash, Bonamassa, etc) always have two of them! 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Someone suggested a Rat to me when I asked. I haven't messed around enough with a Rat into a clean amp, but it might be worth a go.

I don't think a Rat really sounds much like the Jubilee tbh - I'm a big fan of both that pedal and the amp but they're quite a bit different imo. 
  • Has anyone tried a strymon sunset? Sounds pretty good and probably has a lot of tone shifting possibilities. 
  • Just bought a @ThorpyFX from sounds great music, going to see how I get on with that. It sounded awesome in the shop! 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    PedalPal FX JCM800 Emulator

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6127
    tFB Trader
    Just bought a @ThorpyFX from sounds great music, going to see how I get on with that. It sounded awesome in the shop! 
    Great news, have a wisdom!! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com