Does anyone have more than one of the same amp?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    some mornings when I get up it looks like I have more than one of the same amps...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    I've bought basically the same amp twice but not at the same time
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I gig with 2 Katana 50 combos in stereo. I set them clean and use pedals splitting the signal to stereo with a stereo chorus and delay pedal.
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Yes Iv got 2 Marshall JMP's although one is a 2204 the other 2203. i use mainly the 2204 and carry the 2203 for backup live. I do have a very specific sound I have to replicate though ;-)
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Many touring acts'll have two or more of the same amp set up on stage mainly to make sure the show goes on without a hiccup if one of them blows - and if they're both up there and turned on anyway, a certain guitarist mind will think "may as well use them both anyway". More volume, or more headroom, or stereo, or just better spread on larger stages if you don't want to rely on the monitoring.

There was a window of a few months years ago when I had 3 AC30s. It was fine, and it was good fun to use them in stereo. Just a bit impractical in most smaller clubs, not so much for the volume but the stage footprint and then taking them home at 3am.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    I also forgot that I used to use two Fender Super Champs - I actually had three, including a spare. I had modded them with simple series (line level) FX loops, and I ran a stereo FX processor in the loops with one preamp acting as the 'master'. Slightly at the opposite end of the size/weight scale from the Trem-o-verbs :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
    edited April 2018
    A pair of bandmaster reverbs. Never used them together but nice to have a spare when one of them has got the flu.
    https://i.imgur.com/yjfzm80.jpg
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    ICBM said:
    I used to have two Mesa Trem-o-verbs...

great alternative coffee table idea... rather like the Teisco Table Amp...

https://www.mixonline.com/.image/t_share/MTUxNDIwMDM0MDk2NzY4MjMw/image-placeholder-title.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Use them through a GigRig G2 so no noise. The G2 also selects channels so I can have them clean or overdriven or one of each. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GT said:

Use them through a GigRig G2 so no noise. The G2 also selects channels so I can have them clean or overdriven or one of each. 
    Cool setup but seeing that Les Paul balanced on the top like that is making my palms sweat...

oh oh and I used to have a pair of Peavey Bravos.

• TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    TA22GT said:

Cool setup but seeing that Les Paul balanced on the top like that is making my palms sweat...

oh oh and I used to have a pair of Peavey Bravos.

5 seconds after the shutter clicked it was back in its stand!