Helix HX opinions

sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
edited April 2018 in FX
Ok, does anyone here have one? thoughts etc as I’m tempted to get one but really still undecided as they are pretty cheap at the mo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    edited April 2018
    Also this one:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/128042/line-6-hx-effects#latest

I have one.  Unfortunately I've not used it as much as I would like due to working away etc.   But I fully intend to get it gigged soon.

Compared to the other multi fx I've had over the years, its far more intuitive, and works well with other pedals.  I've tried it at a couple of rehearsals and I'm definitely seeing it as potentially replacing my Boss DD500, strymon mobius, Wampler Ego, digitech Polara and probably my TU3 as well.   

I 'll probably keep my drive pedals and wah on the pedalboard although so far  I've been impressed by the HX drives.  The size of it is perfect in that It doesn't completely dominate my pedal board  as well.

There are a few things that line 6 need to sort out  ie the online editor, and there are a few bugs that need fixing but  so far I prefer it to any other multi fx unit I've owned including the fractal fx8.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    The reason I started a new thread rather than piggyback an existing one is that it’s been out in the Wild awhile now and it’s usually in the day to day use that annoying niggles and frustrations occur. So far it seems to be the reverbs and expression pedal compatibility causing the most aggravation, I have room for it but I’m still pondering its usefulness
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    edited April 2018
    I had a Helix and found it very intuitive. My mate asked me to pop up and help him programme his HX, I found it totally baffling compared to my Helix experience. It may have just been because I was in a rush but it wasn't as straight forward..
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

Noise issue - response on TGP from Line 6:

"Ok guys on the hiss issue:
    It’s extremely rare (roughly 0.5%, or 1 out of every 200 HX Effects units sold), but certain specific combinations of HX Effects units populated with out-of-spec parts and amplifiers and/or hookup configurations can manifest notable white noise and/or other unsavory audio artifacts. If your particular setup happens to exhibit this behavior, please contact Line 6 customer support, as we currently have a solution. We have also updated our manufacturing and testing process to ensure no future units exhibit this behavior, regardless of configuration.

If you’ve already logged a ticket, sit tight—someone will be contacting you.

And if you’re one of the lucky 99.5%, continue playing as normal. Or depending on your chops, maybe better than normal.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. The guys will let you know how sorry we/I am and we will make it right for you. Thank you for your patience. I know it seemed like we took a long time and that’s because we did. We wanted to make sure we replicated all the configs and were able to isolate the issue."