SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB a Japenese ES 175 model or similar.

I have owned a Tokai FA70 which I liked a lot, but would like to move up to a better quality instrument. There was a Orville by Gibson on here very lately, but it was more than I could run to at the time. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bump
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3041
    Would you be interested in a Yamaha SA2200?

Looks like this:

I can do it with or without the trem.

Lovely guitar, but I picked up a "vintage" (80s) SA2000S recently that I prefer so I'm considering selling the SA2200. I've not thought about pricing yet, but let me know if you're interested.

R.
  • Cheers Robin.That's a tasty looking alright, but I already have a 335 style guitar. I'm looking for a deep bodied archtop with a single cutaway. I think it won't hang around here too long when you decide to sell. GLWS. Cheers, Finbar
  • pruddprudd Frets: 660
    any interest in a 1981 Ibanez FG100, as used by GB
  • Thanks for the offer prudd,  I've no doubt the Ibanez is a fine instrument but I've never been taken with the look of the fancy trapeze. I prefer a plainer look. I'm really looking for one of the better end Tokai, Orville or Greco.
    No problem finbar, hope you find the right guitar, I can recommend the OBG's, not had the es175 but have played a couple of Les Paul's and own one myself.
  • LamonpLamonp Frets: 5
    Hi Finbar, If you are OK with customs duties there are some tasty Japanese models on J-Guitar. It's a collective site with a number of Japanese retailers and the prices are good even with customs and shipping. I got an amazing price on a high end acoustic through the site.
  • Late 70's Ibanez GB10,exc cond?
  • Hi tugwell. I know nothing about this model. Could you pm me any details and what you want for it? I don't to waste your time if it's above my budget. There seems to be a few variations from what I can gather, so if you had a pic or two or any links to reviews/info that would be great. Cheers, Finbar 
    Late 70's Ibanez GB10,exc cond?
    This is a fine guitar, top quality, had the pleasure of playing it last year.
  • Have a look at the Eastman AR371CE. They're Chinese but the quality is superb. I have one as my main gigging guitar. Mine isn't for sale but even a new one is less than £1000. They seem to go for about £6-700 used.