Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Lindsey Buckingham leaves Fleetwood MAC, replaced with....

What's Hot

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I’m saying this as a huge FM fan, but... maybe they should stop now? M Fleetwood and J Mcvie have never been songwriters themselves. Great rhythm section,  but they always needed writers in the band. If they’ve got Stevie and Christine then that’s great, but I assume they won’t be doing any Buckingham songs which is half of their classic (and best imo) material. And by the sound of it they may ‘revisit’ older stuff? Green? Welch? Kirwin? Finn and Campbell are superb players but are they going to be adding their own material? If not, then this smacks of being your own tribute band in some ways to me.
    Still, at least Axl Rose hasn’t joined.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    AlexC said:
    I’m saying this as a huge FM fan, but... maybe they should stop now? M Fleetwood and J Mcvie have never been songwriters themselves. Great rhythm section,  but they always needed writers in the band. If they’ve got Stevie and Christine then that’s great, but I assume they won’t be doing any Buckingham songs which is half of their classic (and best imo) material. And by the sound of it they may ‘revisit’ older stuff? Green? Welch? Kirwin? Finn and Campbell are superb players but are they going to be adding their own material? If not, then this smacks of being your own tribute band in some ways to me.
    Still, at least Axl Rose hasn’t joined.
    I wouldn't assume that. Didn't he co-write some of the songs with Nicks?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    @JezWynd Only about 2 or 3. But we will have to see! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14213
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    Freebird said:
    proggy said:

At least he can go his own way now.

Sorry.

Don't stop, please continue ..
    I heard he's never going back again. 
    are these rumours or just little lies - any way this info was posted on another site earlier, so reading it on FB is just second hand news
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    EricTheWeary said:

But he is two guitarists - Lindsey and the chap they have at the back of the stage ( they’ve also had an offstage keyboardist for twenty years apparently and even an offstage drummer, not that much left for the actual members to do). 
    That’s disappointing. I detest that sort of deception - if you need extra players to cover all the parts, fine... but they should always be fully part of the band on stage.

I don’t think they were doing that sort of nonsense when he left the first time, although I could be wrong.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    ICBM said:
    EricTheWeary said:

But he is two guitarists - Lindsey and the chap they have at the back of the stage ( they’ve also had an offstage keyboardist for twenty years apparently and even an offstage drummer, not that much left for the actual members to do). 
    That’s disappointing. I detest that sort of deception - if you need extra players to cover all the parts, fine... but they should always be fully part of the band on stage.

I don’t think they were doing that sort of nonsense when he left the first time, although I could be wrong.
    I had a vague memory of him using another guitarist - quick google says we’ve had this conversation before but also brought up the offstage keyboardist who has been doing it for twenty years and mention of an offstage drummer (although, off the top of my head, presumably songs like Tusk do require two drummers?).

Campbell is a big Peter Green fan ( and the Heartbreakers used to cover Oh Well I think) so presumably it’s a line up that will allow for a bit of that early stuff. Wether current Mac fans know that material at all I can only wonder. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    edited April 2018
    I've been listening to the early Crowded House albums (first 2) these last couple of days and some of the darker and  more obscure numbers like "World where we live", "Hole in the River", "Love you till the day I die". Using these as a loose reference, I can see Finn's voice working with FM and also on the gentler numbers but he has some rasp and belt  there when needed.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    EricTheWeary said:

I had a vague memory of him using another guitarist - quick google says we’ve had this conversation before but also brought up the offstage keyboardist who has been doing it for twenty years and mention of an offstage drummer (although, off the top of my head, presumably songs like Tusk do require two drummers?).
    I have no memory of it, but that doesn’t surprise me :).

No problem that some songs need extra parts, but the players should be on stage. Hiding them pisses me off to the point I probably wouldn’t pay to see the band.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    I'd be pretty darned disappointed if I'd already bought a ticket. For me it need LB, especially if they are charging top dollar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    axisus said:
    I'd be pretty darned disappointed if I'd already bought a ticket. For me it need LB, especially if they are charging top dollar.
    Think of it as a two for one offer. Or even an eight for five if the rumours of offstage drummer, guitar and keys are true.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh Well!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Oh well (part 2)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3306
    Not much Big Love in this group
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Neil Finn is a genius.... not sure why he'd get involved though.

Mike Campbell is a massively underrated guitar player - not sure why he'd get involved with FM, though.

I'd love to see something with Neil and Mike playing together - preferably new music.

The issue with FM is baggage... Nicks, McVie (both of em) and Fleetwood have so many squabbles and fallings out due to ancient baggage, its a poisoned challice really.

Will be interesting to watch from a distance.

On the flip side - Buckingham has his head so far up his arse he needs a flashlight (Stevie Nicks quote, IIRC) and is OVER rated for what he brings to the table. Yes, some of what he's done is great but it is negated by the utter twaddle of Tusk. Its like Spinal Tap's "Jazz Odyessy" with added Fairlight and even more ego. I would not be surprised if hes been fired - his arrogance is unbelievable.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Seeing FM without one of LB or PG is like seeing GnR without Slash. An expensive tribute act. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    I'd watch this line-up. If you have someone else sing "go your own way" & leave "big love" off the setlist you still have loads of classic mac tunes if Stevie & Christine are in. 
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I would imagine Neil Finn will likely cover LB’s vocal duties as well as rhythm guitar. His voice is a lot kinder on the ears than LB’s in recent years.
  • Crowded Mac and The Heartbreaker:

https://youtu.be/VElI89y_-QI
  • I would imagine Neil Finn will likely cover LB’s vocal duties as well as rhythm guitar. His voice is a lot kinder on the ears than LB’s in recent years.
    Given the above video - think you are spot on.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I'm a big fan of Neil Finn (I think he's one of the greatest songwriters of all time and a superb live performer - I've seen him, Crowded House and all the other projects he's been involved in more times than any other artist) and I have a massive respect for Mike Campbell (he's a superb player) but that wasn't great.

Mick and John are clearly still locked as tight as a facelift - and without them that would have sounded utterly abysmal.

Stevie comes in early for the second chorus... how long have you been playing this, love?

Mike's solo has no fire. Lindsey gets a huge amount of stick these days, but his playing is still as firey and the passion comes through, even on an off day. Mike is just too laid back.

Neil's voice is superb but it doesn't blend with Stevie's as well as Lindsey's - plus again, there's no fire, passion or meaning in there. He looked and sounded awkward...

In all it sounded under-rehearsed and forced.

I hope it improves for them, but that performance makes me believe its time to put the brakes on until such time as they can bear to be in the same room as Buckingham (and Christine, pref).
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.