Interesting story: (BBC, new artist)

Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43667393

Will have to listen to his clips when I get home this evening. Don't know if I'm going to like it (might not be what floats my boat, but won't know till I listen) - but anyway he seems like a talented guy trying to do his own thing so we should wish him well.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Wasn't he the older brother in Hanson?

Joking aside, will give him a listen, sounds like some common influences and background
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Hard to tell as that's a BBC session .. great voice though. Will look further. Thanks for heads-up.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Good voice & songwriting. I'd like to add bass, drums, keys, and another guitar to the 1st 2 clips. The official video was fairly dramatic and the guitar thrashing was IMO right for the song but could have been enhanced further by a some judiciously applied widdly-wailing. I was worried he was going to smash up the Ricky, glad he didn't, glad that he used a cheapo argos-box instead but slightly disappointed that he did it with a musical instrument of any kind (even an argos-box). Anyway, I think he deserves to succeed. He can always call me if he wants another guitarist ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself