Origin Effects Revival drive ..

What's Hot

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Thank you, gents. You’ve helped convince me. The andertons video was a particularly good presentation of some of the available tones. I’m going to get one after the summer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    I’m another who just couldn’t find an o/d I liked, and only tried a few purchases 

I always preferred the rich harmonics of a tweed combo instead ( wherever the volume was set)

This Revivaldrive on the other hand just sounded ‘right ‘ immediately. 
    And yes, it’s very responsive to pick attack 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    I have to say, I'm not going to make a value judgement, and I haven't tried one yet and I don't want to play white man blues music, but the sounds around the 16:40 and 34:55 mark in that Andertons vid are really good. 

I could see myself buying half a Revival Drive when they bring out the inevitable single channel version.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Sounded good, but from the Anderson’s vid it seemed to have its own one sound (with lots of subtle variation) for something with so many knobs.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 664
    dindude said:
    Sounded good, but from the Anderson’s vid it seemed to have its own one sound (with lots of subtle variation) for something with so many knobs.
    Same. Why don’t they let you hear it sounding like a cleaner Fender or Vox, as a lot of the comments suggest it can do? This would be a massive selling point for me
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Bought one. When I get time to really give it a try out I shall report back. 
    So far I’ve only hear one bad review and a return to Andertons. Ever present ghost tones, overly bright, fizzy OD, single coil buzz. That’s with the custom version on 3 different boutique amps. 
    edited June 2018
    Well I’ll be trying it through an Egnater Tweaker, a ‘65 DRRI and an MJW L6-40 (JTM45 ish) so we’ll see. It’s the custom I’ve gone for.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    It's a stunning pedal.
    Believe me...ive tried most stuff and it is very flexible ... i am happy!!
    lukedlb said:
    So far I’ve only hear one bad review and a return to Andertons. Ever present ghost tones, overly bright, fizzy OD, single coil buzz. That’s with the custom version on 3 different boutique amps. 
    Is this someone you know? Or off t’internet somewhere? Just interested to know a bit more.
    Rowby1 said:
    lukedlb said:
    Is this someone you know? Or off t’internet somewhere? Just interested to know a bit more.
    Someone I buy high quality gear from...
    oh god, that came off wrong. I’ve been away from the uk far too long to autocorrect such expressions. Guitar gear obviously. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Does anyone know of a shop in London where I can try one? Preferably the West End. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited June 2018
    lukedlb said:
    Does anyone know of a shop in London where I can try one? Preferably the West End. 
    Your best bet is most likely to be No.Toms on Denmark Street, believe they're an Origin Effects dealer. I'd ring ahead first because I haven't been in for the past month and don't know if they have it in yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    lukedlb said:
    Your best bet is most likely to be No.Toms on Denmark Street, believe they're an Origin Effects dealer. I'd ring ahead first because I haven't been in for the past month and don't know if they have it in yet.
    Was in there last week and they had one in
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Great. I’ll be sure to try there. Thanks. 
    You know what, I think this things bloody incredible! There’s a few things to point out though.

Firstly this is NOT an instant gratification pedal. If you expect to plug it in and sound amazing without dialling it in you’ll be disappointed. There’s some truly horrible noises possible with this pedal too so I suspect it’ll be like marmite. 

It really responds dramatically to the guitars controls and playing dynamics. That’ll suit some people well, others less so I’m sure.

The extra eq on the custom is very useful. I’ve tried through MJW L6-40 and a ‘65 DRRI and it can sound just as good through either of them with a bit of tweaking.

All the YouTube demos I’ve seen so far seem to concentrate on getting the Plexi run flat out tone. It does sound great like that but the clean/edge of break up thing is really lovely too. 

The suggested settings in the manual are a starting point only, you need to use your ears and work at it until you’ve got what you want from it. It’s very flexible, it’s just a matter of spending a bit of time on it.

So in summary, some people will think it’s an overpriced nasty sounding piece of crap, others will love it and probably end up selling all their other drives. I’m heading towards the later :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I managed to get five minutes on the pedal a no toms before my son began kicking me in the back. Definition a pedal requiring time and a cranked amp to really hear what’s going on. I hope to return. 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited June 2018
    lukedlb said:
    I managed to get five minutes on the pedal a no toms before my son began kicking me in the back. Definition a pedal requiring time and a cranked amp to really hear what’s going on. I hope to return. 
    Never too late for adoption.... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Selling mine now as heading digital!!!
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    I’m quite surprised that two have been put on the chopping block already