FRFR cab

trolleytrolley Frets: 88

So I've just got a Matrix FR12p 1 x 12" cab to run the Helix through (via a Matrix GT1000).

I took it to jam night & really had to wind the volume up to be able to hear it over the drums.
The general consensus seemed to be it sounded good but a bit quiet.
I guess it's the 1 x 12" not moving vast amounts of air. And I've never used the setup with a band, so the patch levels are all over the place.

I reckon though that, really it's a stage monitor & you send a feed to foh. At least you're all hearing the same thing!

Anyway, more work required

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited April 2018

It's because it's not a valve amp and speaker... :-)

Line cast, just waiting for a bite...

• Doesn’t really matter what the volume setting is if you still have headroom left on the speaker and power amp it’s ok.

A lot of guitar amps are super loud by master volume 3. I think this is down to the taper.

I generally run my GT1000 FX about 13:00 IIRC, and adjust the volume on whatever unit I’m sending to it. It’s plenty loud.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    edited April 2018
    I think this is down to the taper.
    and the compression which a guitar amp brings in as the volume goes up
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    To me - the FRFR is for monitoring and using at home - at a gig I'm in the PA and my FRFR is just there so I can control my own monitor - they don't spread well in a band situation - they are very directional.

• trolleytrolley Frets: 88
    Doesn’t really matter what the volume setting is if you still have headroom left on the speaker and power amp it’s ok.

A lot of guitar amps are super loud by master volume 3. I think this is down to the taper.

I generally run my GT1000 FX about 13:00 IIRC, and adjust the volume on whatever unit I’m sending to it. It’s plenty loud.

I only had it on 12:00 - that's where I went wrong :)