Netflix crackers

What's Hot

Comments

• axisus said:
    Loved Dirk Gently, also 12 Monkeys series is brilliant (so complex!) but only 2 seasons at the moment. Right now really enjoying Timeless. Wife plus daughters absolutely loved Teen wolf (much better than terrible title suggests)

and yes, Rick and Morty is utterly brilliant. So many episodes have been amazing, such creative storylines - Pickle Rick I loved, and that one with the super council so so funny - can't give it away so I shall say no more. 

I'm pickle RRRIIIIIIIICK!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited April 2018
    Using my 1 month free trial at the moment. Some stuff I has seen:

Documentaries:
    Blackfish
    The Champions
    Be Here Now
    Chasing Coral
    Chasing Ice
    A Plastic Ocean
    The Ivory Game

Fillums:
    Watchmen
    The Martian
    Bridge Of Spies
    The Revenant
    Zero Dark Thirty

Comedy:
    Ricky Gervais: Humanity
    The Trip (series 1 and 2)
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited April 2018
    I've seen pretty much everything that was recommended above and ditto.
    Marvel is for some time just not for me anymore. It's all right but still...

I'm yet to see a single Rick and Morty episode. Somehow - being recommended by some guys that my movie/tv taste usually agrees with, never seen any. 

Netflix is currently doing pretty good. I'm an Amazon subscriber as well and I'd say Netflix is outclassing them at the moment - but then I'm with Amazon Prime not exclusively for their TV.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Ive watched the first two episodes of Ozark, really like it. Seen a lot of good music docs, the series about Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre have been excellent.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4665
    Ive watched the first two episodes of Ozark, really like it. Seen a lot of good music docs, the series about Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre have been excellent.
    Yeah I enjoyed The Defiant Ones, interesting to see how Dre got to where he is and how he works in the studio 
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Got netflix in January to catch up with Stranger things and kept with it, great movies and shows. To add to the recommendations already thrown in there I'd add for comedy "The Good Place" - it's great fun
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    I watched The Vault a few nights ago. So good. It's about a haunted bank vault.
  • Last Chance U is great. Especially the guidance teacher.

• neilgneilg Frets: 94
    edited April 2018
    They need to bring back Community, I watched the first two series fairly quickly and got burnt out, I recently decided to start watching it again but it's gone :-(

+1 on The Good Place, really worth watching.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

I was surprised with how good "santa clarita diet" was.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7826
    I also really enjoyed The End of the F***ing World.  Really worth a watch.  Some great acting. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10266

I know this is a thread about great shows,but while I've the chance,I feel it my civic duty to mention The Mist.

Loved the short novel and film so was eager to see this.Turns out it's a steaming pile of virtue signalling claptrap.

Avoid at all costs.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920

I know this is a thread about great shows,but while I've the chance,I feel it my civic duty to mention The Mist.

Loved the short novel and film so was eager to see this.Turns out it's a steaming pile of virtue signalling claptrap.

Avoid at all costs.
    I was really excited when I saw that appear, then I checked on imdb and didn’t bother based on the rating 
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited April 2018
    re: imdb ratings,  if anyone is interested I stumbled on a  great website a few days ago: https://www.justwatch.com/uk

It lets you search for content across all streaming media and you can filter by Imdb and /or rotten tomatoes rating. Netflix is on there. No affiliation btw, just thought it was useful tool.

• I know this is a thread about great shows,but while I've the chance,I feel it my civic duty to mention The Mist.

Avoid at all costs.

I saw that  the movie was pretty good  but the show was quite poor - some really dumb decisions made by the writers...

Could have been great, but a real swing and a miss. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I’ll have a go with Seven Seconds now, but I’ve just started a Netflix docu set in Texas about a murder. Can’t remember what it’s called, though.

Flint Town docu about the police there was pretty good. Makes the British police fly on the wall stuff look positively dull.

• Loads of Louis Theroux on there too. 
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    The David Lettereman interviews are good. I like the Obama and Jay Z ones. Dave Chapelle comedy specials are also fantastic.  

Stranger Things is the greatest nostalgia fest ever and a cracking yarn. 

Depending on how strong your stomach is, I loved the first 2 series of Manhunter, but it is at points, properly disgusting...

would also agree re Last Chance U - that was surprisingly addictive and engaging (1st series a bit more than the second). 

Have always resisted pay tv like Sky/amazon etc. But I reckon we use normal tv pretty much just for the news since we got Netflix - I think it is a brilliant service with consistent top quality content. 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Badlands, Texas. I remember now. Intriguing, stunning scenery.

• richcolrichcol Frets: 12
    Also Belgian police thriller The Break is amazing if you like suspense stuff.
    The film Suburra is excellent...Netflix also has a spin off series. Preferred the film myself.