Mezonoize - for people who like Mike Oldfield or Camel

FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Mezonoize is guitarist Roberto Andreani ... he has a mini LP out. He's put a track up on Bandcamp which I actually like .. very Mike Oldfield meets Camel.

https://mezonoize.bandcamp.com/album/perfect-pyramid

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Fretwired I like it too, you can tell who he's been listening to! How do you pronounce Mezonoize? Mettso... Meezo ... Meetso ... ???
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    He's Italian so I'd say May-zon-oy-t-ze

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Well played, but sadly far too derivative of both, especially Oldfield c. Tubular Bells 2, and without any bits that really grabbed me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ICBM said:
    Well played, but sadly far too derivative of both, especially Oldfield c. Tubular Bells 2, and without any bits that really grabbed me.
    Couldn't you say similar about any genre or style? i.e. that an act is derivative of other acts?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Phil_aka_Pip said:

Couldn't you say similar about any genre or style? i.e. that an act is derivative of other acts?
    Up to a point, but this just sounds basically like some stuff Mike Oldfield doodled around with but didn't think was memorable enough to put on an album.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Is it meant to sound like the General Midi default sounds on a high school keyboard?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic