NGD: Bargain of 2018?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72254
    Kahuna said:
    It needs new pots, switch and jack (the pots are 500k not 250 as BK recommended)
    DrJazzTap said:
    Certainly looks more expensive than  £200 definitely worth it with the bare knuckles!
    Yes - sorry if my post above looked a bit negative, it's not meant to be :). Just that I think these don't deserve the "better than a US Fender" claim - they aren't, as stock - they are *potentially* nice guitars that need the necessary upgrades to make them so... a requirement, not an option. For some reason the electrics are even worse than normal for MIJ Fenders - I'd forgotten about the 500K pots.

But at £200 it's an absolute bargain, no doubt - the Bareknuckles would cost almost that much new.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KahunaKahuna Frets: 90
    I might ask my mate to fit the USA mod thingy on the volume thingy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    benecol said:
    Kahuna said:
    The neck is sublime. 
    Came in here to say the same thing - fella at work has one, and while I'm not a fan of the finish, the neck is a pearler.
    @benecol @Kahuna ;

What is "sublime" about the neck? Does it have a nice rounded full profile or is it a slim jim?
    Full on fat bastard mate. I love it, even coming from my Berlin Pro, which has a neck like a Ritz cracker. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Kahuna said:
    Full on fat bastard mate. I love it, even coming from my Berlin Pro, which has a neck like a Ritz cracker. 
    Interesting! You'd of thought these would have been thin and shreddy, but fat is king! Nice one 
    It's a blues plank. 
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 399
    I wouldn't go as far as "fat bastard", but it's certainly heading towards a handful.
    Actually, the pots are 250k, so I've ordered some WD40 Contact Cleaner (not normal WD40, don't panic) to try and sort the scratchiness.  If it doesn't work, I'll just replace them anyway.  I've also ordered a complete Wilkinson WV6 bridge, a load of springs, and a pack of Strat scratchplate screws to replace the ones that are looking a bit rusty.
    edited April 2018

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3039
    Kahuna said:

That's easy for you to say... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     :3