Valve combo GAS

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 308
The GAS has kicked in for a valve combo.

I'm looking for something relatively compact so i'm thinking a 112.

A footswitchable solo boost is high on the priorities list, as is at least 2x channels covering a good clean through to at least plexi territory. 

I'm loving my mesa TC-50 head at the moment, so i've been looking at the recto-verb combos. Can anyone chime in on what they're fetching on the used market?

Also grabbing my attention are the Friedman runt 20s, but they feel like overkill for what i'm going to use it for. So does anyone have any hidden gems they could recommend?

The Mesa and Friedman strike me as a 600-800 budget, so if anyone can point me towards a good alternative in the 300-500 area then we're talking pulling triggers. 

I've seen the hughes and kettner stuff, which is good...but it didn't win me over enough to pry my eyes off the Mesa and Friedman options. 

Watcha think guys, help me spend some cash?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    A Jet City combo of some description would be well within your budget, not sure any have the boost option though. Soundwise they have your bases covered and are very well made. oh yeah they are pretty big too. Hmm.....
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    I'm a fan of jet city. If they did an Amelia or custom 22 combo then I'd be all over it. 

The JCA combos just don't quite cut it in the cleans for me. Bit too much grit in there to be a proper clean tone rather than a crunch
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    If it’s a reasonably priced 1x12 you’re after, have a look at a peavey classic 30... the old style square fronted model (without the logo/bit on the front).

best bang for buck valve amp in that price bracket.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DSL 20w combo?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31586
    Evo said:
    I'm a fan of jet city. If they did an Amelia or custom 22 combo then I'd be all over it. 

The JCA combos just don't quite cut it in the cleans for me. Bit too much grit in there to be a proper clean tone rather than a crunch
    Just make your own Custom 22 combo, that's what I always do! 

http://i63.tinypic.com/ojnytv.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom