NGD 1962 Fender Jaguar

What's Hot

Comments

• skippy76skippy76 Frets: 616
    Nice one mate, can’t beat the old wood with a good set up.

My 64 Jag turned up from Canada last week, loving it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7104
    To be honest no matter the provenance I know it will sound the absolute nuts in the hands of the OP.
    Very much looking forward to the video !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    impmann said:
    Kahler nut clamp behind the nut.
    Not Kahler. The clamp screw spacing is more like I would expect on a Fender Japan *System vibrato series* Stratocaster, Telecaster, Performer or Katana.

JerkMoans said:
    What's the colour?  Looks like Moroccan Red
    @JerkMoans  Dakota red maybe 
    Reminds me of the Seminole Red of my AVRI '63 Precision Bass - not least in the newness of the finish. Could be a respray.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7150
    If the body is original, there’ll be two small screw holes underneath the bridge, to fix the mute 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72228
    Sorry to pile on with the bad news, but no way is that even close to all original.

As already said there has been a locking nut clamp fitted - actually a Fender System 1 type as Funkfingers said, by the layout of the screw holes - which means the body has been routed for the Fender trem unit, a Kahler, Floyd Rose or at best drilled for a Wonderbar, then filled and refinished... or it's not the original body for that neck. If it is the original body then the pickguard will have been cut as well, so even the 'original' is not original. The machinehead holes have also been bored out for 10mm ones too by the look of it.

It could well be a very nice playing and sounding guitar, but I hope you didn't pay anything like an 'all original apart from refinish' price for it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    edited April 2018

Not Kahler. The clamp screw spacing is more like I would expect on a Fender Japan *System vibrato series* Stratocaster, Telecaster, Performer or Katana.

Yes, your're absolutely right, my bad - Kahler is much more widely spaced.

MIJ Fender:

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• the neck is dated 1962 and so is the body....ive had dave dearnaley look at it and i know and trust him...its a player guitar... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Looks awesome, and judging by the videos Ive seen its going to make some fantastic music!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    It’s funny how quickly we shit on someone’s moment of excitement in this fretboard bubble, couldn’t folk at least cast aspersions by pm?

I know nothing about jags mate but it looks wicked, providing it sounds it too then enjoy it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    @Schnozz this guitar has nothing to do with david pym
    ...Or does it? Smells fishy to me, but I suppose he could of used pineapple juice to throw you off the scent.
    It’s funny how quickly we shit on someone’s moment of excitement in this fretboard bubble, couldn’t folk at least cast aspersions by pm?

I know nothing about jags mate but it looks wicked, providing it sounds it too then enjoy it.
    Genuinely don’t believe that’s anyones intention here - the beauty of this place is that there are some tremendously knowledgeable people amongst the twaddle. Let’s just say OP has paid circa £3k for this... then it should be going back and his hard earned returned, as it’s potentially been sold as something it may not be. 

This isn’t about pissing on chips from my part I can assure you, it’s trying to make sure eyes are open. From my part, I own a 1962 Jaguar, so this isn’t a stab in the dark for the sake of rubber-necking. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • As I say it's got issues I'm not stupid it's a players grade instrument I'm not posting here to sell I will be using the guitar it cost less than a new USA one and I'm happy with it never the less as the pickups sound great and I trust daves word on these everything you've all said has been pointed out before hand 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    It’s funny how quickly we shit on someone’s moment of excitement in this fretboard bubble...
    For me, it's more about..something akin to forensics, I guess...it's fascinating, trying to piece together what may/may not have been. The holes behind the nut appear to perfectly match the footprint of the Fender/Schaller 'System' string clamp - and that immediately leads one to wonder about the vibrato itself, then the body, etc...

@jamesoliver1234 - I genuinely don't think anyone is trying to piss on your bonfire!

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72228
    Certainly not trying to spoil anything for the OP - just making sure he knows why the dealer's description of 'all original apart from the paint' is false, and why. If that is an issue given the price paid, he should now have the ammunition to go back and at the very least demand a price adjustment.

This kind of misrepresentation is absolutely rife and it does no-one other than dishonest dealers any good to let it pass without comment in order to not risk upsetting someone who has just bought one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16635

Genuinely don’t believe that’s anyones intention here - the beauty of this place is that there are some tremendously knowledgeable people amongst the twaddle. Let’s just say OP has paid circa £3k for this... then it should be going back and his hard earned returned, as it’s potentially been sold as something it may not be. 

This isn’t about pissing on chips from my part I can assure you, it’s trying to make sure eyes are open. From my part, I own a 1962 Jaguar, so this isn’t a stab in the dark for the sake of rubber-necking. 
    this.

none of what we have said will stop it being a great guitar.   Some of it could affect value, but it doesn't sound like that is an issue here.

Personally, i like piecing together the history of an instrument.   Something like this has a story to tell and that is actually part of its appeal to me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Looks ace, enjoy.
    Kind of a love child.of my Jaguar and Mustang...
    https://i.imgur.com/JVKtlZh.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Looks wicked. Happy NGD. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    edited April 2018
    Gents I know you dont mean any offence and I totally get the forensic nature that Harry7 describes. It’s purely that reading back over threads like this I can’t help but wonder are we here to share guitars or piss on the other guy’s?

There is a tone lost in print (as I am all too often reminded) and though I don’t doubt for a second that you are trying to help the op - I just wonder if it was the best way to point things out.  

Equally, I mean no offence to any of you who are it has to be said hugely more knowledgeable than I ever hope to be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    On my part, there’s no guitar I will be more enthused by than a 62 Jaguar, believe me. It’s the guitar I wanted since I was 16, so I thoroughly congratulate the OP. I know the neck will be spectacular, the pickups sound great... i understand the point you make, but I think it’s just wide of the mark here, especially given that the other posters in this thread are similarly partial to Fenders top of the line. 

Now OP, buy yourself a staytrem bridge and enjoy it. 
  • I said it was all orinigal bare paint and I have orinigal guard in case this is not my first pre cbs fender I paid what I thought was a good price for the guitar in its current state 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom