NGD 1962 Fender Jaguar

What's Hot

Comments

• It wasn't bought to sell I wanted a players pre cbs jaguar and I've got one cheaper than a USA standard wish i didn't bother posting now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7160
    It wasn't bought to sell I wanted a players pre cbs jaguar and I've got one cheaper than a USA standard wish i didn't bother posting now 
    If you’ve paid circa 1500, you’ve had yourself a very fine shopping day indeed 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3199
    It wasn't bought to sell I wanted a players pre cbs jaguar and I've got one cheaper than a USA standard wish i didn't bother posting now 
    If you’ve paid circa 1500, you’ve had yourself a very fine shopping day indeed 
    This is something I totally agree with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    That’s a shame.  You have shown us a guitar with a story, and we are interested in that story.   That’s all there is to it.

i would love to own something like this, but I would still want to understand it’s past.  I would rather have an old modded players guitar than a case queen, for want of a better term.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Great score @jamesoliver1234! Having conflabed with James before he got this I can confirm he knew exactly what he was getting and at an envy inducing price too. Also, knowing his gig schedule, by this time next year, this guitar will have done more gigs than most of us hope to do in 10 years! Enjoy it mate! :)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    This whole post perfectly illustrates the difference between gigging musicians and internet guitar nerds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    This whole post perfectly illustrates the difference between gigging musicians and internet guitar nerds
    Some of us are not just guitar nerds on the internet ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    I think it would also look great with a mint 'guard
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    edited April 2018
    wow, James...... where do you find them, that's stunning  how many people have pre-cbs tele, strat and jag :) That jag looks ace !!!! Karen says enjoy :) 
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    Beautiful, congrats :+1: 
  • strat1990strat1990 Frets: 25
    Play it and love it, don't worry about if it's 100% authentic if you're not a collector :)
    "Pick your noses up!"
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1341
    That's a wicked looking Jaguar jamesoliver1234. Play it in good health
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    Beautiful guitar, love the colour. Does this mean you’ll be adding more surf to your set?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    1. Nice looking Jag, congrats @jamesoliver1234 ;.
    2. Personally I wound never be tempted to post something on here claiming it is X, Y or Z (regardless if it's not for sale) if I had any doubts at all (as you say you did). Because sure as eggs is eggs, it will be spotted by people who really know what they are taking about. 
    3. Reading through the advice seems well-intentioned. I'd be glad for it.
    4. Being that I know close to nothing about vintage gear this sort of story puts me right off ever buying any. I'm still unclear if this has been sold to you under false pretenses. Were you told it was all original by the seller? If so, care to name them so we are all forewarned?
    5. Enjoy it! Looks great. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    No reason you can’t be both - I gig with a vintage Rickenbacker bass... I treat it as a working tool, and I wouldn’t ever describe it as all-original - it’s been modded both before I got it and by me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • i said in the post it was original meaning the body neck...pickups pots etc.... to me not original would be a  reissue body and an original neck for example maybe it was my wording.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12306
    It will look fantastic once the Floyd Rose has been put back on. Joking! Its mighty fine as it is I bet it sounds wonderful, excellent score.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    i said in the post it was original meaning the body neck...pickups pots etc.... to me not original would be a  reissue body and an original neck for example maybe it was my wording.
    Ah, I understand :).

You’ve fallen foul of ‘vintage guitar jargon’ - “all original” has a specific meaning in that sense.

It does look like a very cool guitar, and as Wez said its history is actually part of that - it’s clearly been through the wars (or more likely just the grunge era ;) ) and come out in more or less one piece...

As long as you knew what you were getting and paid the right price it’s all good. It’s just that with some recent threads about certain vintage dealers, that wasn’t immediately obvious, so some of us may have interpreted it wrongly. Sorry!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    It looks amazing.  Congrats. Nice to see it in the hands of someone who can really play too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5013
    OP, do you realise that the scratchplate screw just to the right of the neck pickup is a replacement?! It’s unmistakeably one from B&Qs ‘aged Jag’ range!  :)

Lovely guitfiddle which I hope will give you years of pleasure.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom