Police run away

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Not sure what to make of this video ... apparently police responded to an incident. A couple of local youths threw bricks at a police car. More police arrived .. not much seems to happen. There are not many youths but the police are chased away. The police car is torched (not on the video) and the streets are taken over by the yobs ... maybe the met should recruit ex-Paras. What a load of wimps ... reports say there were about 20 youths max. Apparently local people and the youths were shocked and surprised.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    You’re being sarcastic, right?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So are police officers brick proof these days?

I’m not sure I fancy trying to bat away projectiles in the dark with a truncheon and no helmet when outnumbered.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    PC_Dave said:
    No .. it's from last year but apparently there were about five of six youths throwing things and 15 hanging round and filming .. why do you think I'm being sarcastic? It's currently doing the rounds on social media. Unless I'm missing something they were hardly under attack from a mob throwing bricks or petrol bombs .. a couple of plastic bins whizzed  by that's it .. four cops run and jumped in a car being chased by five guys. No fire arms involved. Bizarre.

There are  videos of a small number of cops facing a mob down .. I've never seen police run away like that jump in car and drive away.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We can’t see what they see though in that video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    PC_Dave said:
    No .. it's from last year but apparently there were about five of six youths throwing things and 15 hanging round and filming .. why do you think I'm being sarcastic? It's currently doing the rounds on social media. Unless I'm missing something they were hardly under attack from a mob throwing bricks or petrol bombs .. a couple of plastic bins whizzed  by that's it .. four cops run and jumped in a car being chased by five guys. No fire arms involved. Bizarre.

There are  videos of a small number of cops facing a mob down .. I've never seen police run away like that jump in car and drive away.
    Ah, so you’re obviously the expert, and you would stay and bring law and order if you were in that position, would you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    PC_Dave said:
    Fretwired said:
    PC_Dave said:

Ah, so you’re obviously the expert, and you would stay and bring law and order if you were in that position, would you?
    Yes, that is what they are paid to do.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    The Fretboards very own Steven Seagull has spoken
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12349
    These are a few random officers facing a potential angry mob. Tactic would be to send in riot police to restore order. That situation to me does not look like they could restore order
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24291
    I’d just get the tear gas, rubber bullets and water-cannon out.  Or the live ammo - depending on the time of the month.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920

I’d have gone in there
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    This kind of scenario is precisely the reason this country needs more guns. Guns for the cops, guns for the bad guys. Let them shoot it out.

Go ahead, make my day.
    edited April 2018
    PC_Dave said:
    Fretwired said:
    PC_Dave said:

So you would risk your own safety? They are not paid to be abused, or have things thrown at them, or risk worse. They are employed to uphold the law. They have to decide whether they can do that, and not risk the safety of themselves, their colleagues, and those around them. Once again a video does not show the full story. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Only pussies back down. FFS nobody wants to go home to their kids with a head that looks like a loaf bread thats  been in the same bag as the milk. Still if you get paid for it though you should run towards the flying bricks. It’s great when people give it the biggun online.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Similar attitude to those criticising the security guard who didn’t run through a hail of bullets into a recent US school shooting and exterminate the heavily armed and mental shooter - yeah what a pussy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’d enjoy seeing a rerun of that video if they had their riot gear on and could give them a damn good clubbing 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    PC_Dave said:
    PC_Dave said:
    Fretwired said:
    PC_Dave said:

So you would risk your own safety? They are not paid to be abused, or have things thrown at them, or risk worse. They are employed to uphold the law. They have to decide whether they can do that, and not risk the safety of themselves, their colleagues, and those around them. Once again a video does not show the full story. 

They were up for a Scrap at Orgreave, weren't they?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    You cannot possibly make a judgement based on that video footage alone.

I see police officers withdrawing for their own safety, and perhaps even to calm the situation down, probably following orders to that effect from someone higher up.

There's nothing wrong with that.  It's only in the movies where the good guys win while outnumbered and outgunned.

Make a tactical withdrawal, reassess, regroup, assemble a force which overwhelmingly stacks the odds against your opponent and in your own favour, then re-engage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111

They were up for a Scrap at Orgreave, weren't they?
    How on earth is Orgreave even relevant to this situation? It's like seeing a bunch of anti-war Germans protesting and going "Yeah, but look how they treated Poland". 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    bodhi said:
    You cannot possibly make a judgement based on that video footage alone.

No you can't. As I said above there were comments on FB by people who were there ....

According to the FB post from where I got the vid there was not a mob; no bricks, petrol bombs or knives were used. Youths threw plastic bottles, maybe a glass bottle and some bins. Listen to the soundtrack and you can hear that it's not some large baying mob. The cops run and are chased by a handful of youths - that's clearly on the video. Again no weapons .. the person posting the vid was there (presumably they took the vid). Never made the press and apparently no arrests made.

I just find it odd that's all. The comments on FB were less than complimentary.

Contrast that to the cop who took on a team of tooled up jewel thieves single handedly in London - he had balls of steel. They were armed with hammers and baseball bats.