Will Russia retaliate against US, UK & France?

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 6179
    lol the passive aggressive is strong with this one.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    nope, it's you. HTH

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    btw, are you a millennial at all?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    reason I ask is you seem to have trouble coping whenever people don't automatically share your opinion and respond with insults like, well, most of your posts here actually. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 865
    Oh dear...  I knew the winking emoticon meant it was a  comment that wasn't meant literally. Seems like it passed the intended recipient by. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16249
    Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    p90fool said:
    Chalky said:
    Why do so many on here prefer to believe Russia and Syria rather than the UK, US and France?  Its not like they have any actual professional experience in international politics. So it can only arise from armchair opinion, I guess?
    I don't think there's adequate reason to believe any of them. 

Most atrocities performed by governments around the world are ignored by the US, the UK and France so to claim air strikes are some kind of humanitarian mission is absolute bollocks. 

Until our government and allies actually tell the truth about why they bomb some countries and not others then all we have is two groups of inseperable bullshitters. 

Why would you choose to believe our lot instead of theirs, other than because you just happen to live here and are more familiar with 'our' side of the story? 

what a breath of fresh air..some sanity at last. 
    you're clearly new here, we've been talking like this for years. I think you need to wake up, do some research ;)
    and you are clearly the self-assigned fretboard police around here so you are welcome to shove your opinion where the sun don't shine 
    And you must live on a dairy farm as your breath of fresh air is tainted with the distinct odour of fresh shit .. :-)
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    Marshall said:
    Fretwired said:
    Reading the Times it seems Assad or his army used chemical weapons without Russian knowledge. 
    Interestingly Russian MOD was warning with eerie precision what allegedly happened last Sunday for at least 21 days before they carried out the attack ..

Fixed that for you ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    VimFuego said:
    btw, are you a millennial at all?
    Do they any in Russia? Let's ask Putin's favourite singer Mr Trololo .. he likes to go troll troll troll oh ho oh ..

Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    reason I ask is you seem to have trouble coping whenever people don't automatically share your opinion and respond with insults like, well, most of your posts here actually. 
    Re-writing history now...fits the picture so efficiently portrayed.. but the record speaks for itself and conspicuously shows the opposite.

Worry not however, you worthless opinion is noted and duly assigned to the skip full of pretentious patronising imbeciles of no import whatsoever

that'll be a yes then, thanks for confirming. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 11037
    Chalky said:
    Why do so many on here prefer to believe Russia and Syria rather than the UK, US and France?  Its not like they have any actual professional experience in international politics. So it can only arise from armchair opinion, I guess?
    Like it is for all of us. Unless you're actually Kofi Annan away from the forum. 
    I make Jeremy Paxman look like Fingermouse. 
    Marshall said:
    Fretwired said:
    Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    p90fool said:
    Chalky said:

Most atrocities performed by governments around the world are ignored by the US, the UK and France so to claim air strikes are some kind of humanitarian mission is absolute bollocks. 

Until our government and allies actually tell the truth about why they bomb some countries and not others then all we have is two groups of inseperable bullshitters. 

Why would you choose to believe our lot instead of theirs, other than because you just happen to live here and are more familiar with 'our' side of the story? 

you're clearly new here, we've been talking like this for years. I think you need to wake up, do some research ;)
    and you are clearly the self-assigned fretboard police around here so you are welcome to shove your opinion where the sun don't shine 
    And you must live on a dairy farm as your breath of fresh air is tainted with the distinct odour of fresh shit .. :-)
    So you'll be the 'bad cop' to VimFuego's 'good cop' then..or is it the other way round, hard to tell, but you are encouraged not to divulge which it is since nobody round here could care less..literally

Oh, and while I'm at it, reading your posts here is like reading a word for word regurgitation of the MSM which we are all already more than well familiarised with thank you very much..finding it a little too challenging to exercise critical thought and form opinions of your own then (rhetorical question since your response is of no consequence)
    Serious question. What's MSM? I've head of S&M ...
    Marshall said:
    Fretwired said:
    Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    p90fool said:
    Chalky said:

So you'll be the 'bad cop' to VimFuego's 'good cop' then..or is it the other way round, hard to tell, but you are encouraged not to divulge which it is since nobody round here could care less..literally

Oh, and while I'm at it, reading your posts here is like reading a word for word regurgitation of the MSM which we are all already more than well familiarised with thank you very much..finding it a little too challenging to exercise critical thought and form opinions of your own then (rhetorical question since your response is of no consequence)
    as I said, classic youtuber response. enjoy your echo chamber. 

BTW, is trollfail getting a bit butthurt now? Does he not like it when the people he fails to troll, troll him back? Nevermind trollfail, stick to youtube comments, it's a lot more forgiving there. 

VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    Fretwired said:
    Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    p90fool said:
    Chalky said:

as I said, classic youtuber response. enjoy your echo chamber. 
    :-)

Beats Nerfherder .. remember him?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Marshall said:
    Marshall said:

1. The AP news names a Russian general promoting this theory and offers no actual evidence. 

2. The Fox links... again, where is the evidence? Simply putting up an assertion on a web page doesn't give us much. 

3. Globalresearch - long known as a conspiracy website of enormous proportions. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch

4. al-monitor is a decent website but all you're doing is repeating the same assertion by Gerasimov with sod all to back it up. 

5. UAwire: I'd like to know more about where their stories come from and who publishes them. 

I'm certainly not stating that you are wrong. But there is a lack of evidence beyond a Russian general with his own agenda's words. 
    The point isn't about whether someone is  `wrong' or even the credibility of any given 'news source' (although anticipating comments of this sort is certainly why I listed the AP article first since this is the source most others would be using). 

The point IS the date of the listed articles. Not sure how you missed that, but apparently you did as far as the content of your post goes 

If you anticipate comments of this nature, then stop posting up shite like Globalresearch

The date of the listed articles: I did note them. The dates aren't in question. The evidence is. If Gerasimov had this information so early, why is there no evidence to corroborate his assertion? As Reuters stated at the time:

"Valery Gerasimov, head of Russia’s General Staff, said Moscow had information that rebels in the enclave of eastern Ghouta were planning to fake a chemical weapons attack against civilians and blame it on the Syrian army.

He said the United States intended to use the fake attack as a pretext to bomb the government quarter in nearby Damascus where he said Russian military advisers, Russian military police and Russian ceasefire monitors were based.

“In the event of a threat to the lives of our servicemen, Russia’s armed forces will take retaliatory measures against the missiles and launchers used,” Gerasimov said in a statement.

He did not say when the alleged attack would take place or provide detailed evidence to back his assertions."

You're willing to accept that he's telling the absolute truth when his statement is similar to the way bullshit psychics used leading questions in that his statement is vague enough to cover a lot of bases yet touching on enough elements to give it the impression of truthfulness. 

Fretwired said:
    Serious question. What's MSM? I've head of S&M ...
    Mainstream Masochism = being spanked on the naked buttocks by a dominatrix whilst watching reruns of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. 
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 141
    Marshall said:
    Marshall said:

1. The AP news names a Russian general promoting this theory and offers no actual evidence. 

2. The Fox links... again, where is the evidence? Simply putting up an assertion on a web page doesn't give us much. 

3. Globalresearch - long known as a conspiracy website of enormous proportions. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch

4. al-monitor is a decent website but all you're doing is repeating the same assertion by Gerasimov with sod all to back it up. 

5. UAwire: I'd like to know more about where their stories come from and who publishes them. 

I'm certainly not stating that you are wrong. But there is a lack of evidence beyond a Russian general with his own agenda's words. 
    The point isn't about whether someone is  `wrong' or even the credibility of any given 'news source' (although anticipating comments of this sort is certainly why I listed the AP article first since this is the source most others would be using). 

The point IS the date of the listed articles. Not sure how you missed that, but apparently you did as far as the content of your post goes 

If you anticipate comments of this nature, then stop posting up shite like Globalresearch

The date of the listed articles: I did note them. The dates aren't in question. The evidence is. If Gerasimov had this information so early, why is there no evidence to corroborate his assertion? As Reuters stated at the time:

"Valery Gerasimov, head of Russia’s General Staff, said Moscow had information that rebels in the enclave of eastern Ghouta were planning to fake a chemical weapons attack against civilians and blame it on the Syrian army.

He said the United States intended to use the fake attack as a pretext to bomb the government quarter in nearby Damascus where he said Russian military advisers, Russian military police and Russian ceasefire monitors were based.

“In the event of a threat to the lives of our servicemen, Russia’s armed forces will take retaliatory measures against the missiles and launchers used,” Gerasimov said in a statement.

He did not say when the alleged attack would take place or provide detailed evidence to back his assertions."

You're willing to accept that he's telling the absolute truth when his statement is similar to the way bullshit psychics used leading questions in that his statement is vague enough to cover a lot of bases yet touching on enough elements to give it the impression of truthfulness. 

again, it's got absolutely nothing to do with accepting or refuting whether "he's telling the absolute truth"

Labouring the point: Valery Geasimov, head of Russia's General Staff, forewarned of what transpired some 3 weeks later with rather coincidental precision. That is all..

"stop posting up shite like Globalresearch"

More 'fretboard cops' to the fray? Short tempered Intolerance does appear to be a rampant theme in fretboard's Politics Economics board hoho

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies” G.Orwell

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• MarshallMarshall Frets: 141
    Fretwired said:
    Marshall said:
    Fretwired said:
    Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    Marshall said:
    p90fool said:
    Chalky said:

I've head of S&M ...
    yes, impression well received...what's the matter, not had enough 'head' today - rhetorical question remember

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies” G.Orwell

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

well, seeing as how you started your conversations in these threads by accusing us of being an echo chamber, without know any history of the place or the people whatsoever, then getting shirty with people when they confronted you on it, I'm not surprised you're not being shown any respect. You reap what you sow, how you treat people is generally how you should expect to be treated.
    As I said, you're showing all the signs of a self entitled millennial. 

wow, all you're doing now is regurgitating my insults. I guess I should be flattered, but it is also kinda sad. I almost feel pity for you. 

yeah you're not actually saying anything now, you're just parroting my insults. I'm guessing you're, what,12? 

heh, I've just noticed that you're responding to stuff I said several posts ago. Not only are you crap at trolling, you're also fucking slow!!!!

Marshall said:
    again, it's got absolutely nothing to do with accepting or refuting whether "he's telling the absolute truth"

Labouring the point: Valery Geasimov, head of Russia's General Staff, forewarned of what transpired some 3 weeks later with rather coincidental precision. That is all..

"stop posting up shite like Globalresearch"

More 'fretboard cops' to the fray? Short tempered Intolerance does appear to be a rampant theme in fretboard's Politics Economics board hoho

It's nothing to do with intolerance and everything to do with a loathing of evidence-free conspiracy websites. Try RadioFreeEurope instead. 

Gerasimov made a statement, something happened, and as yet nobody on either side has presented definitive evidence. This is what is so absurd about your complaint now: I'm not backing either side. The only people with moral high ground are the civilians caught up in this global wall pissing exercise. 
    Marshall said:
    VimFuego said:
    I almost feel pity for you. 
    don't do that, I might actually get upset 
    that's OK, I'm sure there's a safe space somewhere for you. Do you have a trigger word?

well, you certainly show all the evidence of someone who cares deeply about what we think of him.

but yet again, all you're really doing is parroting back my insults. 

wow, I mean wow. You are now using exactly the same words as me, it's no longer imitation it's outright copying. That is so sad, to see you give up and be defeated so easily. 

Off to your safe space I you go.

Marshall said:

but no you're right, 
    heh, it's funny when you cut stuff around in people's posts.

Marshall said:
    you mistake me for someone who gives the 'merest scrap of a shit' for your feelings, "the history of the place or the people.." (that's a good one 'bad cop', you sound like one of those clowns on TV working hard to convince the public that "we bombed them for their own good") , or indeed someone who "accused" you of anything whatsoever for that matter..until you decided to start throwing your 'cop' attitude around the place of course

Well, you've accused two people of being cops tonight. Isn't it an honourable profession? :dizzy: