Ways to watch domestic cricket?

What's Hot
VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
Now, I know nothing at all about domestic cricket (and I'm hardly an expert on international either) but I quite fancy watching some of it seeing as how the season has started so I was wondering what ways there are to watch it from the comfort of my sofa, preferably without giving money to sky,
Sadly watching live is tricky for me, the nearest ground is Taunton, about an hour or so away. I used to live just round the corner from the MCC cricket centre in Hertfordshire, and used to be able to go there to watch the odd match. 

TYIA.  

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    edited April 2018
    Somerset actually have a live streaming service. 

https://digitalsport.co/somerset-ccc-expand-their-live-streaming-service-and-include-bbc-commentary

I watched it for the first time when they covered the recent Somerset-Ireland match and it was pretty good. The stuff then went up to their Youtube channel.

Some other counties have live streams. 

http://www.myactionreplay.com/blog/tag/county-cricket-live-streaming/

Obviously you don't get the same camera angles and what not as conventional broadcasters but it's very watchable and the radio commentators do know their stuff. Not having to listen to Ian Boretham is always a good thing. 

Streaming is the way forward. The England Lions tour to the West Indies was streamed by the WICB and I really enjoyed it. Again, no trappings or fancy stuff, and none of the usual commentary suspects. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    Lancashire versus Nottinghamshire live streaming now if you fancy it I'm on brat care duty so this is a salvation for me. No commentary integrated so hit the BBC radio commentary. 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    nice one heartfelt, I will make some bookmarks of them.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    totally arseoled...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    totally arseoled...
    Arseoled - some kind of rectal television? 

edited April 2018
     Somerset versus Worcestershire today. Perfect weather, Taunton track, I'm free of the kids until 5pm Sunday, ladything is working lates Friday and Saturday... 

Going through the county websites now to see who will be live streaming this year and who won't.

Or you can have SUrrey versus Hampshire with commentary. 

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/live-stream-surrey-v-hampshire-day-1-2/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    Counties who will be streaming when playing at home:

Somerset (integrated BBC radio comms)
    Derbyshire (no integrated comms - BBC radio on a separate feed)
    Lancashire (no audio when they played Notts, might be changed in the future)
    Leicestershire (stream on the website with comms)
    Middlesex (BBC comms)
    Surrey (BBC comms)

No streaming/not sure

Durham
    Essex
    Glamorgan
    Gloucestershire
    Hampshire
    Kent
    Northamptonshire
    Nottinghamshire
    Sussex
    Warwickshire 
    Worcestershire
    Yorkshire (still waiting to discover electricity before they can stream footage)

I will update this as and when. 

yeah, saw that last night that they were streaming today, but then remembered I said I'd cut down a load of laurel today, so am having to do that instead. 

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11291
    Currently listening to Kent (okay, Matt Henry) removing Durham batsmen for fun on the Beeb. Did someone tell Durham that the 100 balls per innings is in force?

Matt Henry must be loving county cricket. Shuffle up from Kiwiland and get presented with a load of green early season wickets that suit you perfectly. 

But here we see how shit the scheduling is. Because there is so much packed in, the CC season starts very early. YOu have people away at the IPL and some England players aren't in the CC as they are rested. The first Test against Pakistan starts May 24th (I'll be there on day 5 if it goes that far). On early season wickets it is hard for a uncapped Test batsman to push the case for Test selection with the ball nipping around. Those who didn't pull up trees over the winter like Stoneman get more chances to fail as he has done today in the CC, and the successful ones like Malan are rested so have to find form quickly upon returning to first-class cricket just prior to the first Test.

Because we have an increasing number of back to back Tests, there is no time between Tests for an out of form player to regain form. And with T20 windows in the middle of the summer and one day games to consider, there are several times when domestic cricket is slap and giggle mode whilst the international scene is Test orientated at that time. Daft. 

well, enjoying the Som coverage on youtube. Obv not as good as proper televised coverage, but free is always nice. And you get to chat in the comments section. 

Good to hear Charles Clarke on here now with a less than enthused reaction to the T16.4 nonsense :)