HiFi in the Reading area

What's Hot
I've been in contact with Audio-T in Reading because that was who I bought my kit from a long time ago. I was having an argument with my turntable & tonearm so emailed them for advice. After a few messages I was able to send some photos of the kit, to which the response was an accurate description of the adjustment to make. At all times the tone of the communication was friendly and knowledgeable: despite me being a bit like Mel Smith in the Not-The-Nine-O'Clock-News Hi Fi shop sketch Simon at Audio-T was the exact opposite of Rowan Atknson and Griff Rhys-Jones.

Having acted upon the advice given, the system now works a treat. Audio-T = thoroughly recommended :)
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4165
    I’m glad you sorted your deck.

Wis for reminding me of that sketch, Rowan Atkinson was fantastic back in the day. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    I suspect this kind of thing depends on getting the ‘right’ member of staff to deal with your query. I called into the Manchester branch a while ago and was dealt with by someone who made the Rowan Atkinson character look helpful....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2018
    I suspect this kind of thing depends on getting the ‘right’ member of staff to deal with your query. I called into the Manchester branch a while ago and was dealt with by someone who made the Rowan Atkinson character look helpful....
    It was ever the way.  PMT get nothing but praise around these parts but, having bought an amp from that B&Q-with-guitars emporium of theirs on Regent Road, I was left feeling distinctly deflated; my money suddenly worthless because one of the salesman’s mates knew the first five and a half bars of Steve Vai’s ‘Tender Surrender’.

When you do get a good ‘un though, it’s always nice to point it out I think.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I have to say that I don't like going it to Audio-T Reading - I find them arrogant.
    I've bought kit elsewhere rather than go there.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited April 2018
    I was expecting to hear about a new sound system in your home library  B
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Freebird said:
    I was expecting to hear about a new sound system in your home library  B
    You will, as soon as Radford Revival finish building my new STA25. I'm not sure what's holding them up, but I do know it'll be worth waiting for.

"Library" might be an inappropriate word for a small bedroom with books still in stacking boxes from the last house move, but that's where this computer is, and where I keep a mid-70s Sony stereo with bookshelf speakers. It has its uses, although the FM stage of the tuner died a few years ago. I'll be putting the STA25 elsewhere.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I didn't bother with this thread for a couple of days cos I thought it read WiFi in the Reading Area and I don't give a shit about that...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I didn't bother with this thread for a couple of days cos I thought it read WiFi in the Reading Area and I don't give a shit about that...
    I don't care much for WiFi in any area.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Have the Virgin Media boys laid fibre-optic cable in the village yet, Phil?

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    They'll wait until the council has filled all the potholes (which won't happen anytime soon) and a week later they'll dig the roads up again.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    They'll wait until the council has filled all the potholes (which won't happen anytime soon) and a week later they'll dig the roads up again.

They usually lay the cables under the pavement, so no digging up the roads involved. Although the residents moaned to them that we didn't want them fucking up our pavements, so they trenched our road just beyond the kerb. To be fair, they made a nice job of it, unlike some of the shite jobs in the area.

A couple of the workers have got Virgin Media and say it's a load of crap, though!

A couple of the workers have got Virgin Media and say it's a load of crap, though!

My VM, last time I speedchecked it, showed 105 meg down on a 100 meg connection.  I was lucky to get a third of that on BT fibre, for the same money.