SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB, Maple Wood Plugs

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
Hi y'all

need to source some maple wood plugs in order to fill some erroneous holes in the back of a Tele neck I'm currently working on.

A cursory trawl through Ebay seems to suggest that they come in packs of 50 which seems a bit excessive given that I need 2 & possibly 4 at most. Anyone got a few spare for a couple of quid ?

Cheers

Rob
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11593
    tFB Trader
    As ever Bob - who ya gonna call?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Of course, who else Jonathan ?
    You're closed tomorrow aren't you ? I might swing by Tuesday if that's alright ?
    tFB Trader
    Good to see ya today Bob - glad we could help!

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Oh mate, it was a joy to catch up with you & Tom, and thank you for not only drilling the plugs out but also gluing them into the neck and then redrilling the neck holes and in fact bolting the neck onto the body on your knee in the middle of the workshop.
    What a friend to have !

The day was only spoiled upon getting home & stringing up the guitar to find that the Gretsch pickup is actually a neck pickup and therefore so narrow that the two E strings shoot down the outside of the pole pieces !

Doh !

Can't stop thinking about the Blackmachine E6 idea by the way....
    edited March 2014 tFB Trader
    I'd have to run it past Doug - although if you could live with 22 frets  we could work with the Feline Pantera design.

Here's the Blackmachine B6 you were playing (my own personal one)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's a good thing I'm utterly bobbins at Photoshop otherwise I'd have a go at mocking up an Esquire version of a B6, single pickup, black plate...

TBH mate, after all these years of talking about it, were I to actually do it I think i'd want it to be a Feline rather than a Blackmachine, it'd feel wrong to have you build me a guitar and not put your name on it.

Probably would crib a few details from the B6 though, although obviously not enough to cause Doug any concerns..

Right, I'm off to go & get the crayons out !